Registered
425 Posts
I'll be the first:

Rider height: 176cm
Frame size: M
Rider weight: ~78kg
Rider w gear: no idea
Shock: DHX Air
Shock settings: 165psi main chamber, 150psi boost valve, half circle bottom out from fully open position, medium rebound.

i'm not sure i like the 150psi in the boost valve, feels kinda harsh to me. still messing with it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Rider height: 5' 11"
Frame size: L
Rider weight: 165-170 lbs
With gear: 175-180 lbs
Settings: 160 main(gives 1/2" sag), 140 boost, half circle from full open, 9 clicks rebound(half way). I do find I've had to decrease rebound(4 clicks) in the cold weather of late, making it 6 clicks from full open. The same goes for my Z1 up front.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Height: 6' / 180cm
Weight w/ Gear: 240 lbs.
Frame Size: Medium (I have stumpy legs)
Shock: Evolver ISX6
Shock Settings:180 psi main chamber (gives approximately 1cm sag on the shock shaft,) ~100 psi in the reservoir, position 3 on the bottom out, Low Comp. open, Hi Comp. 3 clicks from open, Rebound 8 or 9 clicks from open.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Rider height: 5' 7"
Rider weight: 145lbs
With gear: 150lbs max
Shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel.
Settings: 350 lbs Ti spring= 25% Sag, no clicks of low speed compression, 8 clicks low speed rebound, 1 turn of high speed compression, 1/2 turn high speed rebound.

shock as 24 clicks on low speed settings, 2 full turns on high speed settings.

Result = Very active suspension, yet still compliant when pedaling. Bike is glued to the ground, and I rarely feel a bottom out, although I know it's happening.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Rider height: 5' 7"
Rider weight: 240
Rider w gear: 250
Shock settings: 210-230 PSI in main chamber, depended on the course. About 20-25% of sag, 130 psi in boost valve, half circle bottom out from fully open position, rebound 14 clicks from fully slow.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Rider height:6' 3"
Frame size:Large
Rider weight:185 lbs
Rider w gear: 190 lbs
Shock:MANITOU EVOLVER :150 psi main - 70 psi piggy- reb. 13 from open- hsc, lsc fully open- piggy volume #3
with this settings I use almost whole travel in hard trail raiding (no drops)

MANITOU SWINGER COIL 4WAY 450lbs x 2.25 coil set - 50 psi piggy - reb. 12 from open -
far more sensible than evolver on small bumps.
I'll post complete review with the two shocks when i'll get more feedback in different situations.
Cheers. Filippo

·
Registered
336 Posts
Rider height: 5'10"
Frame size:Large
Rider weight:190
Rider w gear:205
Shock:Evolver
Shock settings:170psi in main, 60-70psi in piggyback, rebound halfway, HSC and LSC open for downhill and closed for climbing and bottom out on 1 or 4, depending on how i feel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rider height: 5'10"
Frame size: Med
Rider weight: 185
Rider w gear: 190
Shock: ISX6
Settings: 155psi in main, 115 psi in piggyback, bottom out on 1. Increase bottom out and damping depending on course/trail.

·
Registered
425 Posts
update:

Rider height: 176cm
Rider weight: ~78kg
Rider w gear: no idea
Shock settings: 165psi main chamber, 130psi boost valve, half circle bottom out from fully open position, 7 or 8 clicks of rebound from fully open position.

·
Registered
265 Posts
FullMonty said:
Height: 6' / 180cm
Weight w/ Gear: 240 lbs.
Frame Size: Medium (I have stumpy legs)
Shock: Evolver ISX6
Shock Settings:180 psi main chamber (gives approximately 1cm sag on the shock shaft,) ~100 psi in the reservoir, position 3 on the bottom out, Low Comp. open, Hi Comp. 3 clicks from open, Rebound 8 or 9 clicks from open.
I've tweaked things for more "freeride" situations. 175psi main chamber, 130psi in the piggy, pos. 3 on the bottom out, one full turn of low-speed compression, 3 clicks high speed, same rebound.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have a question about the DHX Air boost valve. is it dangerous to run the minimum of 125 PSI and some extra pressure should be added just in case or fox has some error margin?

I know that those shock pumps are inaccurate and I'm afraid to screw something..

I asked fox tech support about this and they told me that 125 psi is the minimum and that I should put 130-135 PSI because some air is lost while removing the pump. does it make sense?

·
Registered
265 Posts
bsphere said:
I have a question about the DHX Air boost valve. is it dangerous to run the minimum of 125 PSI and some extra pressure should be added just in case or fox has some error margin?

I know that those shock pumps are inaccurate and I'm afraid to screw something..

I asked fox tech support about this and they told me that 125 psi is the minimum and that I should put 130-135 PSI because some air is lost while removing the pump. does it make sense?
yeah. the chamber that you're filling is extremely small, so some pressure is going to bleed off no matter how quick you are with removing the pump.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FullMonty said:
yeah. the chamber that you're filling is extremely small, so some pressure is going to bleed off no matter how quick you are with removing the pump.
Really? I thought they were designed to close off the intake before breaking the seal, so the air you hear escaping is coming from the hose not the shock.

I've been doing it all wrong?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
we it depends on the quality of the shock, they are designed to stop leaks from the vessel you are pressurising, but because the volume of the chamber is so small (as 2cranky said) any release of air at all will make a substantial difference.

Personally i would pump up 5psi more than min, just to be safe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
bsphere said:

I have ran mine @ 125psi with no problems at all; my last bike had a 06 DHX air (200mm x 50mm) on it and I ran that at 100psi for over a year with no probs. I am sure the early DHX's had a 100psi minimum on the sticker whereas the 08 has 125. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.