Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Just a little question for those that are familiar with the Rune. Is the rear shock truly a 7 7/8 x 2 1/4 (200 x 57 for the metric types)? I know the DHX comes in this size (the size listed on the Banshee website), but Manitou says the Swinger and Evolver don't (7 7/8 x 2 is the closest).

The reason I ask is I am starting to look at a possible frame up build of a Rune and am looking at possibly making use of a Magura Hugin 200 (7 7/8 x 2 or 200 x 50 for the metric types).

Keith or Jay (or anyone else), any way to get a clarification as to the actual shock size used and if there would be issues with a Hugin?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hey Mike,

The rear shock is 7.875x2.25". thats really weird, as I rode my wildcard (take same size shock) with an ISX6 last summer. but your right, it is no longer listed on the website even tho I know our northamerican distributor sells the frames with ISX6 shocks. very bizaar. I suspect that manitou must have made a typo as I know the shocks are avaliable.

thanks,
Keith

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it possible that the Manitou shocks being used are an OEM version? In a quick web search for that shock size, there are tons on Fox (DHX, RP2/23, Van) and a couple SR Suntour....but nothing in the first 100 hits from anyone else. Marzocchi doesn't list one in their Roco line and, as above, neither does Manitou.

I'd love to use a Hugin, but if it will reduce the rear travel to basically 130mm (if 2.25" strok gives 150mm, then 2" should give 130mm) then I don't know if it would be worth it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hey Mike, I have been running the ISX-6 on my Nomad this year and if the option is there go for it, it is truly an awesome shock, much better than the DHX IMHO...
It is a fairly common size of shock, it's not like Banshee would/could pull a Specialized and invent a proprietary shock size, my guess is that Manitous website is in error, as it isn't the most up to date site out there.

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rockyuphill said:
Okay...that's weird. Canadian site says no, and the N. American site says yes. Man, I wish folks would keep their info straight for the same regions :madmax:

Must be the same with Manitou then *grrrr*

Okie dokie then....I guess I do have some options (was poorly informed, but I do have options. Now if only we could get a Hugin in 7.875"x2.25"...then I'd be really happy :)

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MartinS said:
Hey Mike, I have been running the ISX-6 on my Nomad this year and if the option is there go for it, it is truly an awesome shock, much better than the DHX IMHO...
It is a fairly common size of shock, it's not like Banshee would/could pull a Specialized and invent a proprietary shock size, my guess is that Manitous website is in error, as it isn't the most up to date site out there.
Yeah, I'm quickly noticing that about the suspension mfgr's websites...inconsistent and out of date info.

The ISX is an option..my swinger has done me well for 400km now on the Cake...but I'm hearing they may (strong emphasis on the may) have fixed the DHXa for '09. And those TSTs look freaking schweet too....

Decisions, decisions... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.