Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Hard funkin´ Kraut
894 Posts
Nice! Looks like you had a lot of fun on your "full blown up DH-light" Rune :thumbsup:

Greetings
NoStyle

·
meow, meow.
2,498 Posts
mjw, a mere look at those rocks makes me want to have all my armor on!

·
meow, meow.
2,498 Posts
Modern studded tires make this possible. You have to be much more careful and slow down more than in the dry & warm conditions, but still. Not only those tires are equipped with hundreds of spikes, but the compound stays soft at subzero temperatures.

Even just one studded tire on the front (but a good one) makes a huge difference. Motorists are generally freaked out when they learn what icy surfaces a mountain biker can ride with tires like that. They are used to having poor traction with even the best studded tries for cars.

But what I'm talking about! Most motorists are profoundly freaked out to even LEARN that there is such thing as spiked tires for BIKES, much less the aluminum encased tungsten carbide stuff! :)

They keep holding on to their beliefs (that cars are for respectable people, and bikes are for clowns) even as they face traffic congestions they create themselves, and the resulting unbreathable stench and frustration, all this on daily basis.

I'd rather be deemed insane and ride, than be respected and drive a car...

·
meow, meow.
2,498 Posts
thecrackerasscracker, that looks like end of April, beginning of May to me )

Daylight, forest, no snow, and a great FS rig. What else does one need?
(For me, it's still street trials training by midnights after work - dark, cold, slippery, and all the stairs are littered with cigarette butts. Still lightyears better than what people typically do, anyway!)

·
Registered
364 Posts
thecrackerasscracker for someone may be and over, but for someone (yeah, for me =) ) it the white winter will last two month for sure... But we have more and more sunny days and i can smell the new summer season in the air! :cornut:

J. Random Psycho - than longer expectation, by that is more sweet the award :ihih:

1 - 20 of 245 Posts