Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
mudpuppy said:
Colour differences?
No color changes.
although i'm thinking about doing some different stuff for 2010.
Yes in a few months I have to have everything finalized for 2010 stuff and in fact we are already putting 2011 plans in place all tho a lot of that is still very preliminary.

We are going to be testing this really cool stuff that won't let dirt stick to your paint job... its all nano technology stuff. I think they use it on some motorola phones so it won't leave finger prints. Also it will make the paint as strong as an ano job.

There are some other really cool stuff as well that we get to play with but of course we only plan to use what is appropriate and not use it just because we think its cool. One of the reasons i've never been a fan of carbon freeride mountain bikes - it has its place but that's not EVERY place.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just keeping tabs on all this

As I'm still interested in getting a Rune early next year, I just wanted to check that prices are still pretty level, and that UK products can be expected around Feb time.

Cheers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ummmm....

If prices are expecting to go up... and that's kinda what I was expecting... might have to give Rob at Freeborn a ring sooner rather than later!

Cheers.

·
Gear Whore
1,352 Posts
I think you guys should do a cherry red rune....or orange...god that would look awesome. Oh...and make one that's a little bigger....plz. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bug74 said:
If prices are expecting to go up... and that's kinda what I was expecting... might have to give Rob at Freeborn a ring sooner rather than later!

Cheers.
On my end - i'm the guy that does the pricing- I will not be raising prices for 2009 or 2010. Last year we did see prices raise on the manufacturing of our frames as well component prices went up. So yeah i did raise my prices by around $5-10 on shocks and forks but where I had control which was the frames I kept the same.
I really hate to raise prices unless its absolutely necessary and so far I was able to absorb the hit when our costs went up. Actually I hope in the not too distant future when we get some of our tooling paid off that we can actually do a price decrease.
You have to tho consider that the distributor and dealer may or may not pass on the pricing although it would be cool if they too can keep their prices the same as they will not be getting an increase from Banshee.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good things come to those who wait!

Well, I'm still deciding on what to do... what parts to buy new or keep/sell from the old trusty steed. Too many decisions.

I've even started thinking about those Gold Runes... but no idea if they're coming into the UK in the spring.

Have a good Christmas Mike, and if you're about in Dorking, give me a shout, would be good to hook up again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts