Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone comment on rumors that Poplar Tent/ Beech Springs is closing down? Say it ain't so.

Also, if there a big trail system in the works arond the Mt. Holly/ Huntersville Rd. area? A couple guys where I work said they thought it was in the paper.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Enoch said:
Just talked the owners. TOTALY UNTRUE!

Ride on, 10.6 miles of technical single track, if you do all the options
That's great to hear! It worried me bc I heard it from a few different people that I met out riding. Poplar Tent is a great trail and its closing would definately be a great loss for all of us. I think I'll have to leave a thank you note next time I ride. :D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Maybe you were thinking of Catawaba River Park? It is further south on I-85, and it is Closing to to build a water park. Also good trails, and sad to see them go.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the speculation must have started after the accident out there last week, or the week before. Someone crashed and had to be air lifted out of there. They interviewed some riders on the evening news and they all kept talking about the importance of wearing a helmet.

I was thinking surely riders out there aren't dumb enough to ride without a helmet but then I was out at Renaissance this weekend riding and saw another guy out there without one :mad: To each his own I guess, but it still upsets me. These are the guys that can potentially ruin the fun for everyone else! He falls, gets seriously injured, the city responds, and we are all stuck looking for another trail to ride. I'm happy to see that most people are acting responsibly. Of course accidents are going to happen but why not try to minimize the risks? It wouldn't hurt these guys to realize that they have a more to be accountable for than just their own skulls as well.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bmateo said:
Maybe you were thinking of Catawaba River Park? It is further south on I-85, and it is Closing to to build a water park. Also good trails, and sad to see them go.
I've known about Catawba but I was under the impression that there woulld still be bike trails after they finished the water park?

·
slakDawg
469 Posts
P-Tent is on private land. You must sign a waiver and pay a fee to ride. There are signs in big red letters saying that wearing a helmet is required. Doesn't mean some idiot won't try to sue, but the owners should be covered.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rob said:
P-Tent is on private land. You must sign a waiver and pay a fee to ride. There are signs in big red letters saying that wearing a helmet is required. Doesn't mean some idiot won't try to sue, but the owners should be covered.
Yeah but what about Renaissance? Lucky for all of us that places like Poplar Tent exist but they don't all fall under that same umbrella. Anywho...... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.