Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,164 Posts
Who me? That zounds like a fun idea. Glad I thought of it :lol:

9 AMish time sound good? Its been a couple years since I've been there so this should be interesting.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
This is a 'orrible, 'orrible idea. :mad:

No one should show up. You guys are crazy.

fp

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wg said:
Who me? That zounds like a fun idea. Glad I thought of it :lol:

9 AMish time sound good? Its been a couple years since I've been there so this should be interesting.
What time should I expect you for the East Bay carpool?

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Dan'ger said:
What time should I expect you for the East Bay carpool?
Dan, you taking the Dan'ger bus? If so, any chance I can hook up w/ youse guys somewhere along the way? Maybe imjps, too?

fp

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finch Platte said:
Dan, you taking the Dan'ger bus? If so, any chance I can hook up w/ youse guys somewhere along the way? Maybe imjps, too?

fp
With the price of gas being what it is, I have garaged the Dan'bulance. I have been borrowing my Bro-in-law's 4-door Corolla while he's playing Marine in Iraq.

I put a roof rack on it and it can handle 4 bikes. However, only 2 of them are front-wheel-on and the other 2 require a standard QR wheel. wg and I both have 20mm axles but as long as you and hesjps have old-school wheels, it's on.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Dan'ger said:
I dunno nothin'. Ask wg.
I hear that IRMB guy's never been there before. Think we can rustle him up somehow'z? Where in Tarnation is he, anyways?

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
iheartbicycles said:
I hear that IRMB guy's never been there before. Think we can rustle him up somehow'z? Where in Tarnation is he, anyways?
I'm sure wg could be convinced to drive us all in the wg'on if we had enough interested bodies to contribute to the gas tank.

I heard IMRB is still campaigning for Hillary. Somebody needs to tell him to jump ship already.

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Finch Platte said:

fp
fp, I've never been to HITG. I can pick you and imjps up on the way through.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,164 Posts
Campaigning or fantasizing? I heard she calls him Mr Bill.

I got roof rails for two but a 3rd bike could be shoved inside. It'd be an early butt crack o' dawn departure.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
wg said:

I got roof rails for two but a 3rd bike could be shoved inside. It'd be an early butt crack o' dawn departure.
Imrb's sooby is rocking and he no likey buttcracks. Ibrm's likely to meet you'z there.

RIBM wonders what bike to bring?

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
iheartbicycles said:
Imrb's sooby is rocking and he no likey buttcracks. Ibrm's likely to meet you'z there.

RIBM wonders what bike to bring?
Is IRMB really Ricky Henderson?

Anyway, I would join you but I'll be in San Diego drinking beer at the Stone 12th anniversary.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
butt crack o' dawn departure time..

wg said:

I'd like to roll with you guys if theres room.

·
Scofflaw Mountain Biker
2,729 Posts
Make it worth the gas to get there and add the Donner Rim Trail to the ride, well worth it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
How hard of a ride is HITG? I can comfortably do a 2500 ft vertical ride, but have no idea how far HITG is? How many hours round trip?

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CDMC said:
How hard of a ride is HITG? I can comfortably do a 2500 ft vertical ride, but have no idea how far HITG is? How many hours round trip?
I've never been there, so I can't help you with the info. Perhaps a bit of searching for previous HITG rides might help with data, both here and on motion based.

·
Registered
633 Posts
From the East Bay

CDMC said:
From the East Bay it's about 5-6 hours round trip. The ride is less than that, I'm guessing someone could hammer it out in 2.5 - 3hours. Just doing HITG by itself is barely worth the long drive IMO.

I can't go next Sunday...going tomorrow. Early, big(HITH/HITG).

PM if anyone wants to tag along.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts