Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard through the grapevine that Shimano is looking to release a new gruppo - something more in the All-Mountain/Freeride range - less DH oriented than the Saint group.

Does anyone have any details? I think the name was Shadow or something that sounds like that....

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reading through the new 2008 XT release, I realized where the rumor came from. Shadow is the name of one of their new derailleur versions - not an entire gruppo.

Introducing the Shimano Shadow Rear Derailleur
Like the latest XTR, options are the emphasis of the new Deore XT. The debut of the Shimano Shadow rear derailleur yields a third rear derailleur option, joining the Top Normal and Low Normal versions. Shadow places priority on a low profile design and less body movement for those enthusiasts that are most at home on extreme technical trails.
RD-M772 - XT Shimano Shadow Rear Derailleur
* Top normal spring design to mesh with the more common choice of RapidFire shifters for trail / all-mountain riding
* In high gear, the derailleur has a profile that is a full 15mm less than a traditional rear derailleur. That means it barely protrudes more than the quick release skewer nut.
* Direct cable routing reduces the chance of the cable snagging on roots and rocks.
* Stronger spring keeps the derailleur body more stable in rough terrain.
* Redesigned bracket axle keeps the derailleur body from contacting the chainstay.
* Available in medium and long cage
* 235g

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.