Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
2009 MTB Tandem Champs...

Have seen some details, but don't know the source or date in October...

Rumors have it that the Worlds MTB Tandem championships and unicycle worlds will be in Cool, CA in October of 2009. Things appear to be shaping up:

Three classes (Men's, Women's and Coed) with "winners take all" in each category
Unicycle race two laps 22 miles and Tandem three laps 36 miles
The course will change from the Coolest 24 to be more Tandem friendly
$100 entry fee

·
Got Twins?
297 Posts
And...

...the course will be WAY easier than the 2008 Single Speed World Championships! Not to dimish jimmyboy's race cause I'm sure he has something in mind for us tandems. :thumbsup: SSWC08 was tough for all and especially hard on a tandem. Henry knows how tough SSWC08 was!

Hope you make it out BigNut!

L8

·
Registered
24 Posts
BigNut said:
36 miles seems a bit long for an XC race, given that most tandem teams probably aren't pros.
oh alex, alex, alex, since when does it take tandem team pros to do 36+ miles? :confused: we just did a 12 hour endurance on the tandem and finished it up with 80 miles . . . .36 sounds pretty sweet!:D but then befoot is an awesome captain!

·
MTB Tandem Nut
727 Posts
Okay, okay. Perhaps our perspective has been a bit skewed by too many years of 3 kids, 2 + jobs, and too many commitments elsewhere to ride enough to be competitive on a bike any more (not that I ever WAS competitive. I was, however, a legend in my own mind :D ).
I am just thinking that such races should be something mere mortals would be tempted to try. After all, how cool will it be to be the first mtb tandem world champions?!?!?
I humbly stand corrected. Lemme know how that last 10 miles feels!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Tandem Championships!!

I will but up a two lap sport class for those who wish to give it a try? The Tandem, MUni and single speed race will be all about fun.There will be no other event like it. Race , eat and beer and beer!! I hope you can make it.
This event is about respect for the Tandems and the single wheel crazys along with the single geared people who love the pain of racing in one gear!! :thumbsup:

·
Got Twins?
297 Posts
CactusJackSlade said:
Don't forget Folsom Cyclebration again in September 2009, I'll be sure there are tandem classes in the XC race and dirt time trial. :thumbsup:

racemtb.com
Thanks for thinking of us Catus Jack! I'll put that one on the calendar too! Looks like Norcal is full of tandem classes now with the Folsom Cyclebration joining Boggs 8 hour, Coolest 24 (8 hour race) and Mountain Tandem Worlds (and of course Sea Otter). Also, the Prarie City race series has always had a tandem class, so everyone get in the series and be ready for the up coming season!

L8

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.