Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumors are flying that a smaller version of the Judge will be due out next year, something a little more freeride worthy than the MX's. Anybody here anything?

·
Unit 91
1,408 Posts
There was a thread on here about this somewhere. If they are coming out with one, I will be looking at it. It will be between that and supposedly Specialized's new Demo 7.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, not the Gemini

It has the linkage of the Judge supposidly...which is what my MX lacks, and is the cause of the flexy rear end even w/ the thru axle.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hmm... Sounds nice. I might have to check it out. It seems a bit like a weird move though. The Gemini is pretty much the Mini-Judge. Minus the linkage that is. I wonder if it will replace the good old Gemini in the end. Or maybe even a replacement for the short lived Prophet MX. I would really hate to see either of those bikes leave, unless this mini judge is something totally awesome. I just dont see a need for that many same classed bikes from one company. Heck, they already have 3 FR/DH bikes.

·
Registered
372 Posts
**** Hannah in Willingen ride a proto of this bike with a RS Totem on front: the rear is like the judge with a smaller shock and the triangle is simplified, no more delta twin triangle but a bent top tube reinforced and two shock mounts. Good lookin'bike!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
banano said:
**** Hannah in Willingen ride a proto of this bike with a RS Totem on front: the rear is like the judge with a smaller shock and the triangle is simplified, no more delta twin triangle but a bent top tube reinforced and two shock mounts. Good lookin'bike!
Got any pics?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, that is the Perpetrator (perp for short) i was posting about. Supposedly, it has the swing link of the judge but the travel of a gemini. I was sort of hoping for someone here to know anything more, but guess well just have to wait for the official product launch. It would make a kickass replacement for my MX as well :)
Here's a pic of Hannah on the prototype from Willlingen.. never mind the funny language, just click the first pic on top.
http://mtb.si/index.php?id=44&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=627&tx_ttnews[backPid]=41&cHash=d886a4bda9
(the funny language is Slovenian, paste the whole line into your browser)

·
Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
645 Posts
It is a 180 and 200mm travel freeride bike. It is designed around the new 1.5" long travel single crown forks from Sram. The official launch will be at Crank Worx in Whistler next week. I am sure you will see alot more about them after then!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
bad ronald said:
It is a 180 and 200mm travel freeride bike. It is designed around the new 1.5" long travel single crown forks from Sram. The official launch will be at Crank Worx in Whistler next week. I am sure you will see alot more about them after then!
Is this a slope style bike? Is the seattube shorter? Can't tell from the posted picture. Hannah thighs are in the way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
bad ronald said:

;)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Wow that looks awesome. I just hope cannondale will keep the Mavic wheelset for the production bike. Looks pretty cool, thanks zhu!

·
Registered
105 Posts
C'Dale Perp is real, 2 models for 2007:

"Signature" (not sure who's signature...) model with Rock Shox Totem fork and SRAM X-9. 4k retail.

Regular model, brown ano, 180mm Rock Shox Domain fork, $2700 retail.

Frame has the rear end and linkage from the Judge/Gracia, shorter (and I'm guessing lower) front end and BB. Designed around long travel single crown fork with 7" rear travel, and available around September. That's all I know, no idea about rear shocks, etc.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Now go bug your dealer :thumbsup:

Chip

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Seems to be a Gemini replacement. About the same travel, stiffer... What are the angles on that thing? A lot of new stuff from Cannondale for 2007... Gotta open a new 'bike account'. :D

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
Seems to be a Gemini replacement. About the same travel, stiffer... What are the angles on that thing? A lot of new stuff from Cannondale for 2007... Gotta open a new 'bike account'. :D
I'd like to see a bike with shorter seattube than the Gemini and the travel about the same as the Prophet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very interesting. Judge has some properties I'd like to see in Prophets like swing-link and floating brake and since Perpetrator is kind of mini-Judge (I don't know about the floating brake though) this gives me hope some day we'll see about 6" travel enduro frame with swing-link, floating brake and 12 mm thru-axle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts