Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ride to the ride.
360 Posts
Two Rumblefish. A demo RF 1, and my RF 2.

Dang fun bike. I'm riding off things I've never dared before. Climbs great, too!

--Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bikeabout said:
Two Rumblefish. A demo RF 1, and my RF 2.

Dang fun bike. I'm riding off things I've never dared before. Climbs great, too!

--Greg
Iam looking into two bikes and the Rumblefish 1 is one of them. What size did you test ride and between the two whick package did you like the best? Package Iam looking for some feedback on the difference in shocks..

·
Ride to the ride.
360 Posts
I was out riding today before the morning thaw. Good fun!

Not sure these pics show the bike in all its glory, but here they are. Two low-angle (er, ankle) shots in today's sunshine. One rock roller from a cloudy day earlier this week.

Just about every ride on these very familiar trails, I try a new line that I've never before dared. And pull it off. This bike has been great for expanding my range of possibilities.

--Greg

Attachments

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Bikeabout - I see you swapped tires out to the Ardent - I would think you went to the 2.4" size? If so, how is the clearance, and what do you think of them compared to the Bontrager rubber it came with? Looks like you're having a wee bit o' fun on that beastie!

·
Ride to the ride.
360 Posts
ATBScott said:
Bikeabout - I see you swapped tires out to the Ardent - I would think you went to the 2.4" size? If so, how is the clearance, and what do you think of them compared to the Bontrager rubber it came with?
Mmm... Not quite as planned a decision as one might think. The stock Bontragerr 29-3 Team Issue ("front"-style) tires actually seem like they'll be excellent. But, they weren't the tubeless-ready version. I thought I'd appreciate the thicker sidewalls for the way I hoped to ride this bike. But the TR version was out of stock in the shop, so while I waited I stuck on these tires that I already had. (A combination I've been enjoying.)

The Ardent is the 2.25". There is WAY plenty of clearance at the fork -- I'm sure the 2.4s will fit fine. And good clearance in the back, too. Neither of these tires are TR either. Doesn't affect set-up, that I can tell. But not quite as side-wall tough. So now, someday, I'm going to swap out these tires with the TR 29-3s that I've had sitting around now for weeks.

Because I AM interested in how those tires work.

ATBScott said:
Looks like you're having a wee bit o' fun on that beastie!
Yes! Diggin' it!

--Greg

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had no problems with the standard Bontrager rubber that came with mine, although the shop Chevin Cycles in Otley upgraded them to the correct tyres at no extra charge.

Although I've not ridden it as often as I should have as yet.

·
Ride to the ride.
360 Posts
I'm not really the freerider type, but my Rumblefish and some good photography by Krein almost make it look like I am.

A few more pics from around here:
https://www.topofusion.com/diary/2010/02/19/50-with-gt/

Johnclimber said:
Has anyone other noticed the carbon rear mech for lightness but the big heavy (cheap) 9 speed cassette on the back.

Why Gary Why?
I'd guess that having a 36 in the back NOW was more important that waiting for a lighter cassette. I know I appreciate the 36. I appreciate it so much I'm thinking about a 20t in the front.

I am REALLY digging this bike! Best upgrade: Seatpost dropper. (Mine's a Gravity Dropper.)
--Greg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice ride, I shoe the RumbleFish 1. I am on the bubble spending the cash and getting the Gravity Dropper. What G.D. set up did u get and would u choose a different G.D. set up if you could?

·
Ride to the ride.
360 Posts
byknphil said:
Nice ride, I shoe the RumbleFish 1. I am on the bubble spending the cash and getting the Gravity Dropper. What G.D. set up did u get and would u choose a different G.D. set up if you could?
I'm using the G.D. Turbo 3" Multiposition. Been using the 1" setting alot when pounding through rough stuff and burning through tight corners when I still need to pedal.

I expected the post to help on drops and steeps. But I'm surprised at how much it helps on tight turns.

--Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep i believe it is '11 just because it says "one" instead of elite or pro. Previous owner had told me it was a '12 and had it painted custom. Purchased back in March for $875. Rear I9 hub was damaged beyond repair, drivetrain was totally worn out, brake pads and tires worn out, and pivot bearings were pretty gritty. Replaced all those things and its been a sweet ride!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Beautiful color. Pivot points are a little different on the 12 (and 13) and there are no cable guides on the drive side chain stay for 12 and 13.

Looks like a great find!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.