Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I initially posted this on the 29er forum with no response, so I'll try here too. I've seen these two bikes compared to other bikes but not head to head. Anyone had time on both of these models and care to comment?

·
Ride to the ride.
360 Posts
Dang. I saw your other post and was hoping someone might have ridden both.

But, due to the date of availability coinciding with Winter, most folks who have ridden Rumblefish are Fisher employees, and probably not the same people who would be riding Specialized bikes.

I'm sure that's not the whole story, but there might be some merit to it.

I would gladly go on and on about how much I'm enjoying my Rumblefish, but that still wouldn't be a comparison between the two bikes.

Demo season is coming! You might want to keep that money in a nice, neat pile and wait until YOU can ride both. Then tell us.

Parts Schmarts. I'm hoping you can feel a difference in the handling of the bikes. My RF is very natural feeling and didn't feel "weird" when I first got on it. If that's G2, I'm a fan.

Good luck.

--Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The unfortunate thing about, at least the Specialized, is it's not in the 2010 catalog for European dealers. And our local Trek/Fisher dealer is not getting any Fisher bikes this year. And to top it off, Germans will be the last to give 29ers a fair shake. Testing either of these bikes will involve a trip back to the States and if/when I go, I'll be coming back with one of them.

FWIW, German "Bike" magazine is compiling a test of full suspension 29ers and their results will be published soon. They've already published a test of 29er hardtails, but I haven't seen it yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.