Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to go to LNSP too soon after the rains. It was closed. Are some places more "ridable" while some should be avoided? With the clay and sunshine at my house, I was riding out back about an hour after a full day of rain ended. How bout the Wilson area? Just trying to get a feel so I can plan my rides better. Thanks.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
OB1 said:
I tried to go to LNSP too soon after the rains. It was closed. Are some places more "ridable" while some should be avoided? With the clay and sunshine at my house, I was riding out back about an hour after a full day of rain ended. How bout the Wilson area? Just trying to get a feel so I can plan my rides better. Thanks.:thumbsup:
Wilson is open after rains (save for after ivan-like disasters), some trails drain better than others. Some of my most fun rides have been done during pouring rains, or with snow on the ground. Don't let the weather stop you.

Edit: Do let the weather raise your awareness though. Expect to see more deadfall and downed trees after big rains, don't find them via wreck-o-location...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I think it's just a common sense thing - if it's been raining for days and days probably a good idea to let the trails heal a little, do a road / fire road ride instead. BC seems to drain very well even with all the rain and so much traffic the trails have been amazing the last two days.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. Back in Temecula Ca, we had an mx trail near my house that was unridable for a good two weeks after a rain. Good thing it doesn't rain much there.:D I rode some downhill with Swanny and friends on Sunday up around WIsons. A little rain off and...not to mention roots slickers than a politician!:eek: That's why I was surprised to see LNSP closed so long after a rain. So I thought I'd pose the question.:thumbsup: Guess I just have to learn each areas unique personality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.