Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
sliprock
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last day of vacation found me on the road to Rutland, VT. I learned via the net that some decent trails have been built their recently. I knew of several geo-caches in the area, so it could be a two for one trip. The old Trek SS was loaded up along with plenty of water.
Expected temperature will be in the high eighties, so it was going to be a sweat festival. I got rolling around nine am, and with just a few side trips for caches I rolled into Rutland at eleven forty five. I used a cache to find the trailhead. Changed to my biking gear and decided to forget insect repellent and the map of the trails. I decided halfway up a loop that I would need both. Back to the Jeep and got sprayed down and grabbed the map.
Took a different trail this time and found that there are a lot of rocks in, on and around every square foot of trail here. Reminds me a bit of Fort Rock, not really a problem, but it made it interesting on the SS. The climbing was just barely doable. I pushed the Trek a bit here and there. If I had the XLT(it's in the shop) I would have been on the bike a bit more.
I did about 4 hours, all in all it was a great find. Trails had great flow and looks like a lot of man hours went into them.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
I went there a couple of weeks ago. I would say they are some of the best trails in Rutland county. They are marked at every intersection and have some really good flow. I took the trail straight to Rocky Pond then explored on the way back. The most memorable was Rembrants Brush. It had some killer banked corners and jumps you could either hit or go around. I did about 8 miles in two hours. I actually think there better than some of the big name trails in Chittenden county. Its a must ride!!!

·
horseman
355 Posts
traihead location?

Hey there!. Where'd you start? I can't remember where to go/start. It's been a while since I went up that way. I used to travel thru there all the time and I just can't place it.

·
sliprock
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trailhead Pine hill trails

Take Crescent St. west (first light north of Rt. 4 East) from Rt. 7; turn right onto Preville St. immediately after bridge over East Creek. Enter Giorgetti Park parking lot and bear left, towards skate park fieldhouse. Access is in righthand corner of parking lot near skate park.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.