Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Needed Less ~ Did More
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought you guys would like to know that Rudi (aka Burning Love) placed 9th Solo at the 24hr race in the UK last weekend, clocking up 18laps! :cool:

The course was just under 8miles with 1000' of climbing per lap.....not too bad until you factor in the torrential rain we have had for the last two weeks! While it didn't rain during the event the ground ranged from sticky-stiff mud to full on slop that made it feel like riding through treacle (mollasses?) with two-flat tyres! :mad:

I only did 7 due to being amazingly unfit and crashing a couple of times! but considering it was my first ever 24hr and i did it solo i was happy :D

So raise a beer to Rudi, a nice bloke and damn fast on a bike too!


Pic thanks to Simon Barnes, I owe you a beer!

Later

SSP

(right, off to pack for the SS worlds!)
 

·
uncompliant
Joined
·
43 Posts
Nice guy, nice rider...

Rudi rocked big time - and always had time for a cheery chat on the way round, no matter what time it was. And lovely to watch (go past me!) with that metronomic fixie style :)

My first solo 24hr too... 13 laps... 36th place (90 solos in total). I was aiming for top half of the field so very happy with that :D

Now I've got to get all that cack off the bike before setting off for Berlin tomorrow!

Singlespeedpunk said:
Just thought you guys would like to know that Rudi (aka Burning Love) placed 9th Solo at the 24hr race in the UK last weekend, clocking up 18laps! :cool:

The course was just under 8miles with 1000' of climbing per lap.....not too bad until you factor in the torrential rain we have had for the last two weeks! While it didn't rain during the event the ground ranged from sticky-stiff mud to full on slop that made it feel like riding through treacle (mollasses?) with two-flat tyres! :mad:

I only did 7 due to being amazingly unfit and crashing a couple of times! but considering it was my first ever 24hr and i did it solo i was happy :D

So raise a beer to Rudi, a nice bloke and damn fast on a bike too!


Pic thanks to Simon Barnes, I owe you a beer!

Later

SSP

(right, off to pack for the SS worlds!)
 

·
Needed Less ~ Did More
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sswc2004.....

xrmattaz said:
To all of you muddy blokes!

Give Rudi a big ol' hug for me, would ya?!

When do the SSWC's happen?
Hi,

The race is Saturday, but the schmoozing starts Thursday night. I'm flying out tomorrow with Becca and a few others to prepare (and see a bit of Berlin!) Phaty is already out there so I hope there is a beer left for me :D

I'm not muddy anymore......but it did take over an hour to clean my bike!

Check out www.sswc2004.com and there is a "SSWC LIVE" link on the german pages so you can check that for updates.

Later

Alex / SSP
 

·
Fight the Kakistocracy!
Joined
·
259 Posts
Second that hug

xrmattaz said:
To all of you muddy blokes!

Give Rudi a big ol' hug for me, would ya?!

When do the SSWC's happen?
You guys finally get to realize the wonders of Rudi. He is the reason that I started SS and he continues to amaze me. You will find almost no better human in the world. Give him love from Scott in Tucson, and all of the SDMB'ers as well.
 

·
King Pin
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
Scott,

I'M surprised he hasn't bit you with the fixie bug......yet.

I fell for it hook line and sinker. I'm screwed. Four months now, and UNABLE to ride a freewheeled bike. Unable. Doesn't happen. Can't pedal the darn thing, etc.

veelz said:
You guys finally get to realize the wonders of Rudi. He is the reason that I started SS and he continues to amaze me. You will find almost no better human in the world. Give him love from Scott in Tucson, and all of the SDMB'ers as well.
 

·
Fight the Kakistocracy!
Joined
·
259 Posts
Or Singlespeed Cheetah

Brandon said:
You haven't seen the pink bunny suit!
Matt- I haven't tried the fixie thing yet, I am waiting for a hub to do a road bike first.

Brandon- Try following the bunny suit and a singlespeed cheetah (see inside the back of Singletrack #14) on a night ride, I needed gears for sure!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Yup, saw him riding through one of the more difficult sections, at night, in the mud (a series of big bombholes with mud in the bottom and usually down from a height and in, through mud at the bottom, out the other side but then a turn around a rooty tree at the top of the pull out and straight into the same hole but further down the slope - tricky to visualise, trickier to ride!). Had been reeling him in for 30 secs or so just before that section, thought I'd hang back and not go past so I didn't knock him off line. Sat in behind at the top of the bumpy run in to the first hole, wondered 'why the hell is that dude pedalling down here, he'll grind out the cranks/pedals on the bumps' then realised it was Rudi on a fixie in front of me and he had to keep pedalling! (It was about 3am at this point so i had an excuse for a bit of brain fade).

Anyway, great seeing him in action, less great seeing the tutu outfit at the end of the race, and had a short but nice chat post race just before he set off for Berlin via some dodgy blokes houses in the UK!

Didn't make me want to ride solo SS fixed though...

Ian
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top