Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im kinda new to Mountain bikeing, but i ride my bmx bikes like mtbs . it hurts so im final geting a mountain bike and my fav things a jumpin, trails, and drops. i have 800$ but my friend has an 02-03' iron horse mavrick pro. and its a really nice full suspention bike the reveiws on here for it werent so good. I Know im gunna beat it up like no tomarro. but how much will it take???? i hearits weak framed? well im pretty light at 120lbs and 5'5". it fits me really good and he only wants 500 for it. and his dads gunna take it into i shop and get a full tine up. and then seel it to me. sound like a good deal? thanks for any help. Ps im not emo, its just the only other username i could think of

·
Registered
100 Posts
xxtruepain18xx said:
Ok so im kinda new to Mountain bikeing, but i ride my bmx bikes like mtbs . it hurts so im final geting a mountain bike and my fav things a jumpin, trails, and drops. i have 800$ but my friend has an 02-03' iron horse mavrick pro. and its a really nice full suspention bike the reveiws on here for it werent so good. I Know im gunna beat it up like no tomarro. but how much will it take???? i hearits weak framed? well im pretty light at 120lbs and 5'5". it fits me really good and he only wants 500 for it. and his dads gunna take it into i shop and get a full tine up. and then seel it to me. sound like a good deal? thanks for any help. Ps im not emo, its just the only other username i could think of
For $800 you could get a really nice used higher end bike. Look around Craigs list in your area, if someone is asking $1000 you could get them down to $800.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
xxtruepain18xx said:
well now my only is is this bike built well enough for big hits and hard riding?
I think i said this to you a while ago when you were discussing the komodo. For 800 bucks buy either of those bikes and ride the piss out of them. I think either will be fine for doing any drops that you are capable of. Even with a BMX background I doubt you will imediatly be ready for serious hits. Ride this bike until you grow out of it then drop some serious coin for a bike that is exactly what you want. For the price you can afford, you have to make some compromises.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
for 800 you could probally dig up some guy selling a 07 specialized bighit, My friend found a LBS through craigslist that was selling it for 800 new.Just look around

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.