Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of some different trails to ride. And I was reading about the Rubicon Trail on Ogre's website. I'm looking for some people who would like to join me on this ride as it seems like you wouldn't want to do it alone. Any previous experience with the trail would be much appreciated. I live in Davis and wouldn't mind carpooling. I can fit two bikes on my roof, and might be able to dig up a trunk rack if necessary. I usually ride 20-25 miles at about 8mph average.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Please specify which Rubicon trail you are referring too.

I believe Ogre’s site has a review of Hunter’s Trail (sometimes referred to as the Rubicon trail) which is 10 miles of singletrack that parallels the Rubicon River east of Georgetown. I believe that singlespeed.org is referring to the Rubicon Jeep Trail.

Both trails are a lot of fun. I would be anxious to know how much Poison Oak is along Hunter’s trail right now.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I try and ride Hunter's trail 1-2 times a year. I provided a link to a trail report I posted last year.

It's a great ride but it's a hike (2.5hrs from Sacramento) to get there. Other than the fact that there are absolutely no services (except Uncle Tom's cabin) within 35mi of the trailhead and that the area is crawling with bears my previous post should sum up the ride.

Let me know when you plan on going, I'd love to get back up there this year.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=200226

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
if your talking about the rubicon JEEP trail, id be glad to do it, but in my Toyota 4x4. i can see riding down parts very easy, ut riding a bike up some of that **** is just crazy

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
SJensen said:
if your talking about the rubicon JEEP trail, id be glad to do it, but in my Toyota 4x4. i can see riding down parts very easy, ut riding a bike up some of that **** is just crazy
Actually, we've been able to ride past vehicles on that trail, doing things they can't.

But it's fun watching them try. :thumbsup: It's almost like a chess game, they way they have to plan their route(s).

fp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.