Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has ridden XC at or competed in last years 24 Hour Solo World's in Whistler.....What kind and size of tires worked the best?

I did 24 Hour World's at Silver Star 2 years ago and had awesome luck with Michelin Comp S 26 x 1.95. Do to "sponsor requirements" I will not be able to run these tires.

Anyone have any thoughts?

How about a 26 x 1.0 Ritchey TomSlick? (Just Kidding!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
528 Posts
From everything I've been reading about the course, it sounds somewhat technical in spots with some loose sections.

So I'm thinking of going with my usual race setup. WTB Epic Wolf Race 2.1" in the rear (great climbing traction, decent rolling, soft compound - wears quickly but it's very grippy) and the 2.4" WTB Mutano Raptor Race in the front (great cornering, fast rolling, excellent stopping power, harder compound - lasts much longer than the Epic Wolf).

Both are decent in dry or wet conditions, IMO. Although not perfect for either. Seems the weather up there can be pretty dynamic?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WTB....Cool!

Good! WTB is my tire sponsor. I have been racing the Epric Wolf so far this year in the 26 x 1.95. I also have the 2.1's sitting around. I will have to test ride before the race to find the most plush tire.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yeahp! WTB sponsored is a good thang! Great tires.

I was running the Epic Wolf 1.95 earlier in the year and really liked them. But found they got a little slippery over some technical stuff, otherwise I would still prefer them - they roll faster than the 2.1's, it seems. They (the 1.95's) worked GREAT in the early seasons muddier races in the Sacramento NorCal area. (Thin mud, not gloppy.)

Lemme know what your own opinions between the two sizes are as well! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts