Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some heard me talking about a awsome XC racer kid, well it all blew up & his dad decided to do his own thing. So here i sit with a sweet Asta frame. I have been doing gravity for 7 years & the XC was new for me, it takes alot of work to pamper a XC racer. My son likes to ride & race a HT for DH:idea:
this frame is over built, a few phone calls & the new project is started. The Asta is being converted into a mild DH'er with some Dual Slolom & a touch of 4X for a spicy little package. I wont be able to do a pre ride it this weekend because last sunday i smacked my ribs with a mini camera doing a DH type run & they still hurt, so it'll have to be next week but i'm hopeing to sneak in some pump track runs. Here are some pics of the build we will be entering the Cougar Classic in July for it's big debut in the DH & hopefully 4X.
So if you want to know how strong & durable the Asta is stay tuned. Please take into consideration that what i am doing with the Asta is not it's intended use & do not let Ibex hear about this either, they will probibly kill me for my foolishness. :eek:ut::yikes:

Attachments

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
That is to COOL....

:thumbsup:I bet it holds up just fine..That frame's over built for a fast, Lite XC Racer..As an AM DH it should prouve to be Steller..
Awesome build DOG, best ASTA yet..IMO
Love the PICs..Yak at ya later..

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET RIDE DUDE!!!!!!!

Jake Pay, POWERED by SRAM Here..:band:

EDIT: If you noticed I quit talking about wanting one once I found out the WEIGHT..2 Much Mon..And your right it not easy keeping a Lite XC Racer puuuurfect..Even with a pure SRAM drive-train..XO-4-LIFE..YADA-YADA-YADA..:D

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pay Here said:
I bet it holds up just fine..That frame's over built for a fast, Lite XC Racer..As an AM DH it should prove to be Steller..
Awesome build DOG, best ASTA yet..IMO
Love the PICs..Yak at ya later..

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET RIDE DUDE!!!!!!!

Jake Pay, POWERED by SRAM Here..
I got away lucky, i was so involved in building i told you i would weight the frame beffor the build, i owe you bro!!!:madman::madman::madman:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am not familiar with some of the terminology??? What is 4X type riding?

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
acr140 said:
I am not familiar with some of the terminology??? What is 4X type riding?
4 racers in the starting gate at 1 time very much like dual slolom but more bumping each other involved. 26in wheel BMX race going down a short hill. :)

Here is some 4Xaction at the beggining then it gets into DH.
Check out the video.

·
Registered
209 Posts
dogonfr said:
:lol::lol: Thats my son mine is about the same length but for some reason his has color :confused::confused:
At least you still have hair :p I have to wear a bandanna under my helmet to keep from getting funny looking sunburn spots on my head :eekster:

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Look BOSS, da plane..

Good to see your sons enjoy'in the ASTA..Hope you both get to feeling better real soon..I'd love to see the bike in BIG AIR ACTION..:thumbsup:

Jake Pay, Going 4 a ride Here..:cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.