Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making the trip to Augusta, ME this weekend, from Burlington, VT. Taking 2 pretty much all the way.

Any information on trails pretty close to rt. 2 that would be about an hour-2 hour spin? Would love to explore some new trails, along this trip.

j.

·
stoneblender
380 Posts
You'll be driving close to Mobbs Valley in Richmond, CC Putnam SF in Waterbury, Moretown, Millstone Hill in Barre and all the trail networks in and around the Mt. Washington Valley. Not a bad choice among them.

John

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
radair. perfect. I will fumble around that area in the dawn light on sunday. is there a definitive tailhead?

john. i see enough of the chitteden county trails. I want to try something new!

·
Paste eater
3,722 Posts
radair said:
Route 2 goes right through Gorham, NH. Moose Brook State Park is on the left at the bottom of Gorham Hill as you come into town. There's some new singletrack in there if you need a quick hit.
Really? That's fairly Close to Bethel and that's were I'm going to be this weekend. Is the trail head right on route 2? are the trails technical?

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
Sorry guys, I guess I'm a little late with answers to your questions. Anyway, for future reference we did some trail work at Moose Brook last weekend and I was given a map to post. The singletrack has really good flow and there are some fun technical features, including an excellent log ride. We put in a bunch of plank bridges over some mud holes and water crossings so the place is even better now. It's possible to connect with other trails nearby, but I don't really know my way around there yet.

It is worth a stop if you're in the area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.