Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant find any previous posts on this, but ive heard bad things about RST, except i also heard their stepping up their game. anyone use this fork?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
by the looks of your posts...youre on a pretty small budget.

just a word of advice: yea you can find good deals...but generally in the mtb industry, you get what for you pay for.

RST's price may be very attractive, but with the amount of bad reviews out there, its not even worth looking...yet at least. you can find a used Boxxer or 888 that will work 10x better than a new RST, for the same price.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
It's sweet. I've owned 2. I think the compression knob is just low speed. Having the fork professionally rebuilt isn't a bad idea but doing it yourself will save money and get you familiar with your gear so you can quickly address future problems.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Most forks only require you to remove the bolts in the bottom near the dropout. Yank the legs off and lubricating oil (and damping oil in the case of an open bath fork) will pour out so do it over a bucket and don't get any on your brake. Clean and grease (special suspension grease) the bushings and seals in the outer legs. Put them back on and tighten the bolts. Remove the top caps and pour in the correct amount and weight of fork oil.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
You won't need seals unless they're ruined and leaking. If you do need them contact RST. Any bike shop sells suspension grease. I've used Rockshox Judy Butter and Slick Honey.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.