Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1189 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED, I REPEAT, the EAGLE--HAS--LANDED!

Sarge is Here! Holy smoking ****! This frame is amazingly awesome! Exceeded my expectations in all respects...and I'm a picky fu%ker...! Have to say I near began weeping with pride and joy!..!..!

Will post some pics later on tonight! SO GLAD I DID IT! ...The Ti is BEAUTIFUL...and SUPER LIGHT!

imgres.jpg

Also arrived today :

e-thirteen 9-44 rear cassette in black!
Mulefut Wheelset
KMC DLC 11 Chain / black Titanium Nitride coated
Manitou fork.

N

·
0 Posts

Sarge is Here! Holy smoking ****! This frame is amazingly awesome! Exceeded my expectations in all respects...and I'm a picky fu%ker...! Have to say I near began weeping with pride and joy!..!..!

Will post some pics later on tonight! SO GLAD I DID IT! ...The Ti is BEAUTIFUL...and SUPER LIGHT!
congrats on the new toy.

·
Rippin da fAt
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Keep getting drawn back to this thread. I think it's a combination of Banshee's lust for them and the anticipation on Skrool's TI build. Either way I've had a battle in my head between a Sergeant or plus wheelset for my already tricked out fatty. I'm blessed to have such problems!
Can't beat the price for the package. The Geo on their bikes is very playful and functional. So, yeah, I'm loyal to em. When I purchased Sarge, a couple weeks later they dropped the price of all of their bikes significantly and sent a check my way to make good. Gotta say thank you Alex!
Lol...

View attachment 1079265

Also arrived today :

Mulefut Wheelset
Manitou fork.
Skrool has a big a$$ boner!!

·
Why so uptite?
975 Posts

View attachment 1079265

Also arrived today :

Mulefut Wheelset
Manitou fork.
Pictures or your making this $hit up.

·
Registered
438 Posts
this thread is making seriously consider selling my ti el mariachi and replace it with the alluminum sergeant...

·
Rippin da fAt
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Pictures or your making this $hit up.
Werd! I hear all he has are blackmail pix that nvphatty sent him! -.o

this thread is making seriously consider selling my ti el mariachi and replace it with the alluminum sergeant...
Fvck that! Ya gotta have a collective or you cannot be assimilated!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Werd! I hear all he has are blackmail pix that nvphatty sent him! -.o

Fvck that! Ya gotta have a collective or you cannot be assimilated!!!
ha! thoughts on this vs. a hayduke? here are mine:

Hayduke:
+ Steel, better compliment to my fs
- need new cranks,BB, and HS

Sergeant:
+ $250 less, includes HS, can reuse cranks
- 140mm seems fairly aggressive (seems odd to have a bigger fork on my ht), alluminum

I've been thinking that the + wheelset for my ponyrustler will be better suited on a singlespeed hardtail...

·
Rippin da fAt
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
ha! thoughts on this vs. a hayduke? here are mine:

Hayduke:
+ Steel, better compliment to my fs
- need new cranks,BB, and HS

Sergeant:
+ $250 less, includes HS, can reuse cranks
- 140mm seems fairly aggressive (seems odd to have a bigger fork on my ht), alluminum

I've been thinking that the + wheelset for my ponyrustler will be better suited on a singlespeed hardtail...
I love the 140mm of sweetness. It does have a lockout which I thought I'd never use but it's kinda fun to play with the lockout from time to time. The BB elevation is great for all the Jeepin I subject Sarge to.
The MuleFut 50SL's are very nice wheels and would work SS or geared just fine.

The Advocate is also a fine choice. After all, Smithhammer is getting the mileage on his and frequently posting ride pix. Great bike with a donation to bike advocacy to boot!

All to make the choice that much more difficult!

I try and go legit but they drag me back in again.:crazy:
Thought you could get away now, didn't ya! ;P

We love ya, nvphatty!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here's some pics...

7.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

KMC DLC 11 Chain / black Titanium Nitride coating :

2.jpg

Duly note black velvet inner box :

3.jpg

4.jpg

e-13 / 9-44 cassette :

6.jpg

Really looking forward to running this cassette. 9 tooth to 44 tooth should cover all my needs.

The rest of the parts should be here sometime mid to late next week. Will try to take some better shots of the frame when I have time. Also, the Manitou fork seem legit. Very nice in person. Have no time to post pics of the Mulefut wheels but they are super-nice in person. Very much pleased I went with them. Have to say pics really don't do this frame justice. It has to be seen in person to be fully appreciated.

Attachments

·
Rippin da fAt
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Nope, you're not jonesin to ride that piece of midfat art, nah, couldn't be!

The Mayor will arrive tomorrow along with some goodies to make up the front wheel! Yay!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
congrats on the new toy.

Thanks Brother! Tried to get it together for the long weekend, but came up short on a few bits. By next Friday I should be sorted and ready for assembly! [I hope]

The Ti frame has to be seen to be fully appreciated. Very good looking and top notch welds.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm having a bit of time trying to figure out 'how' to remove the shimano freehub from the Mulefut wheel. I've never seen this type of design before. I have my XD body ready to go, but it looks like I might need some kind of sun-ringle specialty tool to get it apart...?...? Put in a question earlier today to Alex about this but he must be busy or away from the office. Anyone have a clue...?...? Anyone done this on this wheel before?

Can't find an assembly guide for this hub setup NOR any trace information online anywhere for this specific hub. I mean ZERO. Everything I've found is different than what I see on this hub. Might have to go to bike mechanic tomorrow, which I hate doing. One thing I really like about e-13 is how thorough THEY are with including all kinds of instructions on how to work with their products. Not so with Sun-Ringle it seems.

For now I'm in limbo.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Got it off finally. ...thanks to a set of channel-locks and some burly vice grips. Man this was f'in tight. Looks like a specialty tool is the right way to do it though. I was careful enough and all is well. Now I get to mount the e-13 cassette. Cranks and BB came today. Tire's 'il be here tomorrow. Rear mech and shifter on Thursday and I'm good to go for full assembly.:thumbsup:

81 - 100 of 1189 Posts