Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1923 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Frankiklex,
Frame weight (My Krampus seems pretty portly) and chain stay adjustability on the 29+? What is the useable range. Also, any pics of tire clearance with a Knard on Rabbit Hole with the wheel slammed all the way forward? Cool looking bikes(all Zen built?), and I love the "Mayor" name! Oh yeah, any plans of an Al 29+ frame?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
29+ R853 is 5.25lbs - DB Cr-Mo 4130 Heat Treated is 5.75lbs
On the stays, you have 20mm of adjust-ability. Plenty of clearance slammed forward.
The `Lucky Penny`is made by Zen - The other 29+ overseas
Thanks. possibly for next year an AL6061 version of the 29+ and possibly a Ti as well

·
Registered
213 Posts
29+ R853 is 5.25lbs - DB Cr-Mo 4130 Heat Treated is 5.75lbs
On the stays, you have 20mm of adjust-ability. Plenty of clearance slammed forward.
The `Lucky Penny`is made by Zen - The other 29+ overseas
Thanks. possibly for next year an AL6061 version of the 29+ and possibly a Ti as well
The specs on your site say CS is 445. So do they adjust from 445 to 465? Thanks for the info. It's cool that you're using Zen for some of your frames!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I can help. what would you like to know?
When will they be available for order?
Will they be available as both complete bikes and as frames only?
How soon before a rider could expect to be riding one?
Any idea on costs for both the 853 and the CroMo frame? Hoping the CroMo will be will be a similar quality build and price to this "Mayor" fat bike.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
pre-orders are being done right now through dealers for delivery in April.
all bikes are available complete or as frame only
Offshore from only R853 is $999 retail - Cr-Mo $499 retail - The quality is very similar. The R853 will be slightly lighter and slightly more rigid
Compolete bikes range from $2000 retail to $4600 retail
Zen frame is available as frame only $1499 retail

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
pre-orders are being done right now through dealers for delivery in April.
all bikes are available complete or as frame only
Offshore from only R853 is $999 retail - Cr-Mo $499 retail - The quality is very similar. The R853 will be slightly lighter and slightly more rigid
Compolete bikes range from $2000 retail to $4600 retail
Zen frame is available as frame only $1499 retail
So you guys are having two 853 bikes made? One offshore and one from Zen? Can you give details on any differences between the offshore and the one from Zen, or are they the same bike, with the same materials, but one being handmade in the USA.

·
Harrumph
1,598 Posts
Curious - what do you call plenty clearance?

2 fingers is my rule, and often that's not enough.
My rule is if you need more than ~ .5in/1cm clearance.... Than no amount of space beyond that will help.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i read somewhere (and i cant find it now) that the medium has a top tube length of 23''. is that a virtual top tube? ie the horizontal reach?

21 - 40 of 1923 Posts