Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there folks! Was wondering if people much brighter than me could help this noob(long time reader, first time poster), who's also confused!

I'd like to know if a plain regular Yari RC 29" Boost DebonAir would fit 27.5x3 Nobby Nics on i35(perhaps Mavic XA 35) with workable clearance. I've done miself a market research and there are retailers marketing their 29"s as 27.5+/29 while official RS catalogue register those ID numbers as plain 29". I haven't seen any Yari with 27.5+/29 stickers on Lower Legs either. I was wondering if it is universally accepted that Yari/Lyrik 29"(was told they share the same chassis) would cover 27.5+. The plan is to put Yari RC 29" Boost 150mm on a 27.5+ dedicated Boost 150mm frame.

P.S. My humble apologies if I did not use the right jargon, as the name suggests, noob and knob!

P.S.S. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Thanks! I've heard the same from other Pike owners. Have you tried Duro Crux 3.25" on your Pike by any chance?
Nope. I'm running the Maxxis Rekon+ 27.5x2.8 right now. Ran the Surly Dirt Wizard 27.5x3 before. On paper, the Pike I'm running will fit a 29x3 Surly Dirt Wizard, so check your overall height.

Love the Rekons btw, they're not faster, but I've noticed so much more grip than the Dirt Wizards had. They have bigger main knobs but no intermediate knobs; the Rekons find something to bite at the more modest lean angles this intermediate rider enjoys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.