Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There must be a fair amount of users out there now. Are you still happy with your fork? Do you wish you'd plumped for something else? I was eyeing up a pair of X-Fusion Trace 140's but a bargain has appeared for the RS's so I'd love top hear some owners experiences!

·
EMBA Member
1,985 Posts
I have this fork on my SC Tallboy Ltc, which I bought June 2012. I have around 1,000 miles on it so far. I've never ridden the 29er fork competition, so my opinion is not based on experiences with all the choices, but I have been and continue to be fully satisfied with the performance of my fork. I have thought, on occasion, that if the other forks are better, I'd be surprised to hear that. For the riding I do, which is XC, trail, and a little bit of all mountain, this fork does exactly the job I need done. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just have 4 rides on my RS but so far it feels pretty good for the price.
When braking hard you can see that it flexes a little bit (me ~90kg with camelbak and so on) but didnt noticed it at normal riding.

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
I have a couple dozen rides on mine, gr8 fork, except the RC3 is kinda worthless, except to lock the fork out. When in the XC position, it's very firm, does not sag down, so the bike essentially rides taller/slacker.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
It has low speed compression adjustments, which most forks in this class don't offer. I can't comment on the trail performance, but the stiction is extremely low. Lower than my Fox 34.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts