Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a repeat question from the Turner board, but i figured it may be better asked here:

I Just got my Revelation last night and the Poplock broke in the 1st hour! There is no need to have this on my handle bar anyhow, I would much perfer to have it on the fork...what does it look like when the mechanism is on the fork, anybody have any pics??. Can I do this modification myself?

Also, it seems like i'm not getting the full 5 inches, has anybody noticed this??

-Pusher

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good, it looks like it's make out of metal (what a relief) - I didn't want a big blue peice of plastic like they used to offer. (Just ordered the modification kit - my LBS will be handling the mod for me).
Thanks!!

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
I agree

I've got the remote on the handlebar, but it's a total POS. It broke on the first ride when I over tightned it.
I took it apart and fixed it, but the design is weak at best. Additionally, if you follow RS instructions, you aren't going to get full benefit of the lockout feature. You need to preload the spring when attaching the cable so when it's (poplock remote) in the lock position, the cable pulls enough to turn the dial to the lockout (full turn) position.

I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of just buying an old friction shifter and mounting that on the handlebar. I do like the poplock button that releases it....but really, push a button/throw a lever.....bout the same time and effort I'd guess.

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cmdrpiffle said:
I've got the remote on the handlebar, but it's a total POS. It broke on the first ride when I over tightned it.
I took it apart and fixed it, but the design is weak at best. Additionally, if you follow RS instructions, you aren't going to get full benefit of the lockout feature. You need to preload the spring when attaching the cable so when it's (poplock remote) in the lock position, the cable pulls enough to turn the dial to the lockout (full turn) position.

I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of just buying an old friction shifter and mounting that on the handlebar. I do like the poplock button that releases it....but really, push a button/throw a lever.....bout the same time and effort I'd guess.

Cheers,
Mike
Mike, I agree with you, but consider the clutter on your bar having the extra shifter up there...especially if you are running a computer or a gravity dropper...Can't wait to get my shiney blue metal mod kit, not to mention losing about 50 grams, but whose counting, right? ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.