Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's cold. It's snowy. I have a cold. In short, I'm bored and inclined to tinker.

Anyone have hop-ups / mods for the RS Revelation that'd they like to share? Polishing internals, oil weights, heights, etc.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
the_colorado_kid said:
It's cold. It's snowy. I have a cold. In short, I'm bored and inclined to tinker.

Anyone have hop-ups / mods for the RS Revelation that'd they like to share? Polishing internals, oil weights, heights, etc.

The motion control unit is a piece of plastic with a rubber plug. Not much to polish. The seals are pretty well sized, typically, as are the bushings. Running different weight oil than stock has a negative effect on performance, it isn't like a Marzocchi or Fox, the MoCo damper is very sensitive to change. The only thing left would be the lubricant, the oil between the stanchions and the lowers. Going lighter will give you more lubrication, but it will also run off quicker, so at the end of a long climb, it might take a bit for it to relube, which would put extra wear on the innards. The oppositve with too heavy, it will stay lubbed longer, but lubbing it will also take longer. Play around and see what feels best.

If you're bored, just break it down, clean it up, flush it with alcohol if you really feel like it and rebuild it with fresh oil. That can't hurt and will be a nice learning experience.

_MK

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
the_colorado_kid said:

As MK said. Taer it down for a full rebuild/cleaning/oil chang,e maybe pop in some Enduro seals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.