Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the custom Rockshox Revelation 29 RC3 that came on my 2014 Specialized SJ FSR Evo and I'm looking for upgrade options but coming up with nada. Because it's a "custom" fork there is little to no information (that I can find) on what upgrades or tweaks there are for it. Ideally, I'd like to up the travel to 150mm and add a remote but I don't know if it's compatible with their regular RCT3 fork. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Max travel for the 29'er version is 140mm, but you will have to buy a new air damper cartridge for it. Other upgrades would be to drop the RCT3 compression damper into the fork in place of the RC3, or an XX damper if you really want the remote option.
Not sure if the Specialized version comes with the new "dig valve" and rapid recovery rebound systems (pretty sure they won't though), so that may be the other upgrade path to take.
Could get pricey changing all of that though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Max travel for the 29'er version is 140mm, but you will have to buy a new air damper cartridge for it. Other upgrades would be to drop the RCT3 compression damper into the fork in place of the RC3, or an XX damper if you really want the remote option.
Not sure if the Specialized version comes with the new "dig valve" and rapid recovery rebound systems (pretty sure they won't though), so that may be the other upgrade path to take.
Could get pricey changing all of that though.
I know that the "T" in RCT3 is for threshold but I don't know what the threshold actually is/does.
Does the RCT3 damper give you the dual position air? If not, is that a possible add-on or not?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Dual position air is completely different to the damper side of the fork. Dual position air is a travel adjust feature on RS air forks found in the left hand leg of the fork. They can be had in a variety of damper configs - RL/R/RCT3 etc.
The RCT3 stands for Rebound Compression Threshold (3 position). Rebound is just what it says, compression is the LSC (low speed compression) adjustment, which helps with brake dive, pedal bob etc and the 3 position threshold is the 3 positions the blue lever has - open, pedal and lockout, which are similar in function to the CTD adjustments on Fox forks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts