Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I m looking to get new fork to replace my Judy SL u turn (came with the bike) on my HT. After lots of reading and research, I am pretty much interested in RS REBA race 06 and Fox F100 RLT. They both are the good forks with good reviews; please tell me what do you all think. I know that Reba comes with external compression adjustment while fox had it tune in the factory... Is there any other point that I should consider if price is not the issue? I do XC with small jump here and there. Please help thank you

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Get the reba team with adjustable poploc. The Fox is a nice fork but overpriced; and you're gonna have to put enduro seals in it shortly when the seal blows.
The Reba from 05 or 06 is on par in terms of stiffness and performance, but the remote poploc is a nice feature.... and the fork costs a lot less. And the seals don't leak. Ebay has a ton of both, but I'd get the 05 Reba Team with poploc. In fact, I did. Sold my Fox fork.

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
Agreed. Go Reba. It can be externally adjusted to perform as a crazy-plush trail fork, or like a quasi-platform shock like the Fox 100x. That would make it great for xc with the occasional race thrown in. And it's cheap!

·
Saving lives with knives.
959 Posts
Another vote for the Reba Team. I was really skeptical about getting a Rockshox after years of bad forks. It would appear that the SRAM takeover was good thing. I've been riding a Reba Team since April and have nothing but praise for the fork. It's as light as advertised, very stiff, and very adjustable. The pop-loc feature is very nice. It has also proved itself to be reliable as well; there has been no loss of air from either chambers and no oil leaks either. Better performer than Fox, esp. when you consider the price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I came across a FOX F 100 RL OEM 05 at the LBS with the price going around the range of REBA race .Im kinda of leaning towards this deal :) .. Has anyone got any idea how does this one perform without the "T" function ?? Any though?? Plus the price is pretty good .

·
Registered
858 Posts
si1ver said:
I came across a FOX F 100 RL OEM 05 at the LBS with the price going around the range of REBA race .Im kinda of leaning towards this deal :) .. Has anyone got any idea how does this one perform without the "T" function ?? Any though?? Plus the price is pretty good .
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. The "T" Function on the RLT's is simply a lockout threshold. It doesn't function while the fork is not locked out. Basicly it's like setting for a blowoff valve in the lockout. I use it, but the fox forks have a good lockout blow off straight from the factory anyways so it's not needed. And you still get the Lockout and The Rebound which are more usable in a trail sence.

I have riden both Fox and Rockshox and in my opinion they are pretty equal forks, although very different. Fox has better customer service, and better duability from my experiences. As for the seals, dont any of you guys clean your forks? I have been running mine well over a year without "blowing".

Both good choces, and really it will come down to what you prefer in a fork.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.