Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading and hearing conflicting reports on this mythical fork. RS website states 140-160 travel available on all wheel sizes. No 160 29er Pikes anywhere online and multiple LBS seem to have info or believe the fork won't materialize. Does anyone have true knowledge/know how on this fork and if we'll ever see it......sure would mate up well with my Spesh Enduro 29er.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,991 Posts
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Automotive tire Bicycle accessory Spoke
I have one. It may be only available for OEM markets though (read: not aftermarket). I think a lot more bikes like the Enduro 29er would have to come out to create the demand. Came stock on my Specialized Enduro 29er :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Damnit where can I buy this fork? Pike 29er, 160mm travel! Want!
SRAM just released the 2014 parts catalog this morning. I've been checking the site every day because I'm in the same situation. I built a new 29er Enduro and wanted the 160mm fork, but you could only buy the 150mm aftermarket, which is what I'm currently using. As of today, you can order the 160mm spring for the 29er pike. The part# is 11.4018.026.002. I saw that multiple online shops have it listed, and it isn't super expensive. Only $40 or so. Too bad they won't be released til late October.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.