Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i need thier number cus the lbs guy says that its not ok to run 1 spring while most people here say its fine so he sugests to call rs themselvs which is wat im gona do

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
shook_dh said:
no i need thier number cus the lbs guy says that its not ok to run 1 spring while most people here say its fine so he sugests to call rs themselvs which is wat im gona do
you are Lame......

lets recap....a fork designed for 2 springs and you want to only run one spring....I think you are the smartest guy in the world if you can figure out what is true and what isn't.....what do you think RS is going to say to you....come on now use your head

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
you are Lame......

lets recap....a fork designed for 2 springs and you want to only run one spring....I think you are the smartest guy in the world if you can figure out what is true and what isn't.....what do you think RS is going to say to you....come on now use your head
uhh people said they did it with the boxxer and it worked fine... plus i did it with the super-t and it worked perfect for the 6 months that i used it almost every day till i sold the bike. and whats gona happen? its not like the forks gona snap in half just cus of running only 1 spring...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=154042

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
im pretty sure RS was closed until today (monday) try calling today.

my guess is they will say run two because the fork was designed around two. you might get a cool rep who will say its possible and has been done before but the risk of possible malfuction is increased and assumed by you. so he'll probally say you void your warrenty with it or something which doesnt matter anyways cause your not the original owner

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
you are Lame......

I have heard of thisa done before without a problem - I dont see why it would be. Unless it holds some part in position - I am not familiar with Boxxer internals but I just dont unserstand why this would be a problem.

Remember that RS doesnt exactly provide springs for 85lb riders - then understand where Shook is at with this.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
shook_dh said:
uhh people said they did it with the boxxer and it worked fine... plus i did it with the super-t and it worked perfect for the 6 months that i used it almost every day till i sold the bike. and whats gona happen? its not like the forks gona snap in half just cus of running only 1 spring...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=154042
then do it....and stop posting

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
I have heard of thisa done before without a problem - I dont see why it would be. Unless it holds some part in position - I am not familiar with Boxxer internals but I just dont unserstand why this would be a problem.
Remember that RS doesnt exactly provide springs for 85lb riders - then understand where Shook is at with this.
shook_dh has started 3 threads on this subject. I suggest he go to a moto shop & talk to the service guys they would probibly have fun & give him the oil he needs at no charge. I'v been working service in the moto industry for 27 years & when kids like this wander in we never had a problem hooking them up :). Kids like this make your day when they come in all confused, its fun.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dogonfr said:
shook_dh has started 3 threads on this subject. I suggest he go to a moto shop & talk to the service guys they would probibly have fun & give him the oil he needs at no charge. I'v been working service in the moto industry for 27 years & when kids like this wander in we never had a problem hooking them up :). Kids like this make your day when they come in all confused, its fun.
no i started only 1 thread on running with one spring... the others got off topic this thread was just to get thier phone number and ppl hijacked it. and yes ill go to a moto shop sometime when i have free time this week. thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.