Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
mtb n00b
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Revelation RL Dual Air with the basic (not DNA) MoCo damper that has a tooled floodgate. I know the obvious difference is the RLT has the ability to adjust the floodgate without tools but what's this DNA business? I've read the RS site and it really doesn't explain much...

Thanks,
Frankie

·
Class Clown
3,048 Posts
I think it is mostly the look of it looks like the DNA double helix. I noticed when comparing mine the port at the bottom differed between the two as well but that idk if that's true of your damper. Anyway I have some pics here of an RL (remote) and rlt DNA (crown). Blue port is the RL silver is RLT

Damper Photos by builder111 | Photobucket

·
mtb n00b
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what my RL looks like too. How much of a difference did you notice and what other upgrades did you do at the same time?

·
Class Clown
3,048 Posts
I felt like the damping improved it seemed more noticeable. A swapped out the rebound damper for a dual flow not long after. This is on a solo air recon gold.

·
mtb n00b
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking I have the dual flow already so that's why I'm wanting to upgrade the MoCo. I pulled the MoCo out when I first got the fork and the rebound damper head is red so that leads me to believe its dual flow. I don't think there were any red dampers that were the orifice type. I just bought a coil for it (150/120mm Sektor Dual Position Coil) so I'm going to sell the dual air spring and buy a RLT DNA with the money. Hopefully I get a good amount for it.

Does anyone have any hard data on the differences between these dampers?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I wouldn't bother going from RL to RLT dampers. The adjustable threshold in the RLT is an advantage, but because of the design of the damper it interacts with both the HSC and LSC. Get a RCT3 damper. It gives you a proper shimmed compression circuit (that can be easily re-shimmed if necessary) with adjustable LSC plus full open and two threshold settings.

·
mtb n00b
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've tossed around the idea of the RCT3. My roommate has one so maybe I'll steal his damper one day when he's not looking and try it out lol I do think it looks more proper, like what I'd expect to see when I think of a "damper" if that makes sense. The other MoCo units look very simple and cheap but the RCT3 looks like there was more R&D put into it.

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
I wouldn't bother going from RL to RLT dampers. The adjustable threshold in the RLT is an advantage, but because of the design of the damper it interacts with both the HSC and LSC. Get a RCT3 damper. It gives you a proper shimmed compression circuit (that can be easily re-shimmed if necessary) with adjustable LSC plus full open and two threshold settings.
Do you know if the OEM Pike RC is essentially the same as the RCT3 damper?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts