Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
steep fast and loose :)
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the midstroke blow through a common issue with the 4.2 ?
only way to control is to set the 'propedal' to locked and control with the floodgate. is this an acceptable method of controlling the mid stroke ?

fwiw, the shock is 200mm i2i and 50mm stroke on a frame that should really have 57mm stroke. the only issue here is i'm restricted to 140mm travel until the 57mm stroke shock appears.

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts
The_Lecht_Rocks said:
is the midstroke blow through a common issue with the 4.2 ?
only way to control is to set the 'propedal' to locked and control with the floodgate. is this an acceptable method of controlling the mid stroke ?

fwiw, the shock is 200mm i2i and 50mm stroke on a frame that should really have 57mm stroke. the only issue here is i'm restricted to 140mm travel until the 57mm stroke shock appears.
What do you weigh and how much air are you running?

RJ

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
My 4.2 doesnt blow through - even unlocked it'll compress a bit but it takes a significant hit for it to use more travel.

Then again i do have mine setup for XC use rather than AM use (guessing AM with 140mm?)

Might need to get it looked at - mine was broken from new however since fixed it has been awesome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.