Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search but couldn't find any info. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two RS shocks? Is it just the MC3.1 was the first year and 3.3 came after or are there features in the 3.3 that the 3.1 does not have? Any info is greatly appreciated and photos definitely. Searched the web and found some, but all images are actually of the MC3.3 and not 3.1.

Also for any of you suspension Guru's out there, what changes would I notice if I went from a FloatR to a RS MC3.1/3.3 w/ the bigger air sleeve and less pressure? What info I found says a more progressive action in the shock, but I'm not sure how this would work on a suspension design like on a GIANT Maestro - specifically a Trance. Either looking at going for one of these or the RP23.

·
Registered
782 Posts
They are listed in the rockshox site tho.
3.3 comes with the lockable feature.

I had Pearl 3.1 on my Intense 5.5, it did run less air like 80 psi and did not bottom out. It was a lot nicer than 5th Air. I'm not sure if it was progressive, but did not bottom out, but it could be due to the 5.5's VPP because 5th didn't bottom out neither.

Only problem on Pearl 3.1 was the air valve sticks out too much and hitting my knee.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

Figured they'd have it listed somewhere on their site, but have you ever tried to browse the new fandangled "better" RS site on dial-up? Megs of worthless sh1t to load that provides no help or bolsters the product in any way.

OneBikeGuy said:
They are listed in the rockshox site tho.
3.3 comes with the lockable feature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.