Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Lyrik U-turn can't keep the travel I adjust it to.

If I put it at 160mm, after an hour it's down to 130mm.

I have cleaned the balls and springs under the adjuster lid, I have also checked the lower legs bolt.

What can this be?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Someone posted about this a few weeks ago, they had greased the balls and most thought that it what caused the problem. If you did that try cleaning any grease off and put it back together dry.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 08 model.

It was I that hade greased the balls ;P (Never been a problem on my PIKE actually).

Anyway I have 2 times after that cleaned the balls and springs totally. Then reassembled it.

And it still winds down! It drives me crazy.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
mikael_nr1 said:
It's a 08 model.

It was I that hade greased the balls ;P (Never been a problem on my PIKE actually).

Anyway I have 2 times after that cleaned the balls and springs totally. Then reassembled it.

And it still winds down! It drives me crazy.
One solution would be to put extra springs and balls in the empty slots between the balls that are there now. Also, make sure that nothing is interfering with the top cap going as far down as it can, as it may not be making contact with the detent balls properly reducing their effectiveness. Finally, you may have residual grease on the detent springs, re-lubricating the balls after you clean them, try soaking everything in some isopropyl alcohol.

_MK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.