Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Transplant
882 Posts
darkslide18 said:
cant decide betwen a lyrik or a 36 float...any suggestions or input???
Lyrik, hands down. Rock Shox has really impressed me in the past couple of years and I must say that the Lyrik is one of the coolest forks I have seen in a while. If your taste change and you want to ride a coil fork in a couple of years...buy the Lyrik coil kit. If you want the 2 step adjustability...by the 2 Step kit. Fox makes a nice product but their customer service is in a distant 2nd to Rock Shox.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sillyness! They are both great forks. I'm not sure how you could say that one is that much better than the other, except perhaps if it happens to be what is on your bike. Every time I have dealt with Fox CS it has been quick and easy.

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
Agreed Fox has an awesome product and customer service to boot. I broke my axle on my talas36rc2 and they sent me a replacement free of charge. It was my fault and I was more than willing to buy a new axle . They went as far as contacting me to get me a new axle.

·
Transplant
882 Posts
pinknugget said:
Sillyness! They are both great forks. I'm not sure how you could say that one is that much better than the other, except perhaps if it happens to be what is on your bike. Every time I have dealt with Fox CS it has been quick and easy.
Just for the record, I have neither on my bike. I work on a ton of different forks each year and from a mechanics perspective, I have had much better luck with the Lyrik and Rock Shox. Like I said Fox makes a great product but I have had times when I had an issue that Rock Shox would cover where Fox wanted to charge me $100 and told me it would be 2-3 weeks before it would be looked at. For the Lyrik 2 step issues on the other hand, Rock Shox has sent out parts needed to repair these forks the same day. I guess its just the experience you have with the company.

Again, you cannot go wrong with either!

Also I prefer the Mission Control to the RC2 setup. I like having everything right there in front of me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.