Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for a '10 Santa Cruz Blur LT2 (non carbon). I am trying to make it a bit more "AM", but not sure if a Lyrik is overkill for XC, but ok for DH. I have a Fox 32 TALAS at the moment (150mm).

Also, the website has a number of versions - R, RC, RC2L, RC2DH.. I suppose that U-turn, solo air, dual position air, coil etc are all available for each of these also? I am looking at the 2012 range.
Lyrik | SRAM

The question is, air or coil? Which model? Are there any issues with any of them? Remember that this bike will sill be ridden for XC. (50% DH, 50% XC)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The adjustability sounds good, as I don't really want to be locked in to 110 - 160 or whatever the other versions offer. The sweet spot for XC is likely around 130-140 and of course I'll open it right up for downhill riding.

Any other suggestions? Else I will drop money on the Lyrik RC2L U-Turn Coil (2012) this weekend probably...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just fitted some 2012 u-turn rc2l's.

I just came from dual air push'd pikes.

Messed about in the wood by me a couple of times, just been for the first proper ride.

They are bloody awesome. They are far more sensitive than my pikes but the low speed compression actually does it's job properly, so also bob less. The forks aren't even fully broken in.

The ride comprised of a lot of rocky, loose climbing, set the forks to 130, i'm not a fan of gate, the forks maintained more traction and bobbed far less, just matched the terrain excellently. Went to 145 on the compact, flowy downs, they were precise and held up nicely whilst pumping the turns. Went to 160 on a flat out, rocky, technical down involving small rocks, big rocks and many drops and gaps, the dual flow rebound worked better than the push rebound piston in my pikes.

i'm blown away by them. I'm running them on a pitch that i use for uplift downhill days aswell as XC shop rides with the punters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.