Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a worn out set of elastomers, would like to use ANY speed-type spring to
refresh this fork.

I've been unable to find any parts for the fork, but, isn't there someone out there
that has substituted springs that were supposed to be for other forks in a 21R to
upgrade it?

Am up to experimenting with anything, just need a starting place. Anyone out
there with some advice? Thanks in advance!

--MT

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
mtmikebr said:
Have a worn out set of elastomers, would like to use ANY speed-type spring to
refresh this fork.

I've been unable to find any parts for the fork, but, isn't there someone out there
that has substituted springs that were supposed to be for other forks in a 21R to
upgrade it?

Am up to experimenting with anything, just need a starting place. Anyone out
there with some advice? Thanks in advance!

--MT
I have a Q21R that I put Englund Total Air cartridges in, and they work pretty well. They've changed their name to EKO Sport, http://www.ekosport.com/ You could check to see if they still make units for the Q21R. I don't know what they cost, though, and you might be better off just replacing the fork. There are a lot of forks out there that don't cost a whole lot but are stiffer and have much better seals than the Q21R, which has nothing but boots.

Springs alone will give you no damping - it'll be like a pogo stick.

Anyway, if you don't find springs and don't want to try the air cartridges, I may still have some medium elastomers hanging around. Let me know if you want 'em.

Kathy :^)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
elastomers...

Lucky said:
I have a Q21R that I put Englund Total Air cartridges in, and they work pretty well. They've changed their name to EKO Sport, http://www.ekosport.com/ You could check to see if they still make units for the Q21R. I don't know what they cost, though, and you might be better off just replacing the fork. There are a lot of forks out there that don't cost a whole lot but are stiffer and have much better seals than the Q21R, which has nothing but boots.

Springs alone will give you no damping - it'll be like a pogo stick.

Anyway, if you don't find springs and don't want to try the air cartridges, I may still have some medium elastomers hanging around. Let me know if you want 'em.

Kathy :^)
Hi Kathy,

Yes, the spring would be a pogo, but, stiff elastomers really are uncomfortable.
I would certainly like to have your elastomers, please email me at:
flixnbear At yahoo Dot com if you can read my email, let me know if you can't
reach me. I can pay you via paypal for the trouble if you like. Thank you VERY much
for the offer!

--Michael :p

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I used to have one of those. It was a horrible fork with no travel. Do yourself a huge favor and buy something, or anything on closeout with 80mm of travel. You will feel like you got a new bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts