Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only get up there about once a year and all I can say about today was, "nailed it!" Weather was beautiful and cleared up out of the low clouds about Mount Vernon. (Still socked in down south.) Trails were in stellar shape for mid-October. U-Line was so good we did it twice. Big props to everyone that builds/maintains up there. Even all the selective cut and clear cut stuff we rode was free of logging debris already. You are all right on it! :thumbsup:

Padden lot was packed and flowing out on to the road but we rarely saw folks on the trails.
Pigs/blue rock/Kung Fu/Granny's/Cabin/Goldilocks/Lost Sole/Oly/Keystone/NN/Evo/U-Line/U-Line/A-dog....

If we had a U-Line from the top of Tiger, maybe I'd ride there....

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
If we had a U-Line from the top of Tiger, maybe I'd ride there....
LOL....who are you kidding, Borneo?!? You still wouldn't ride Tiger! ;)

Sounds like a great ride...good loop! I got out on the new bike on Saturday for a North End XC ride and conditions were perfect..

Up the Ridge, Cedar Dust, Bandito, Kungdito, Kung Fu Theater, Cabin, 187, Papa Bear, Mama Bear, GoldiLocks, SST and BackDoor.

Yeah, really stoked the logged trails are are opened (thanks to Russ Lambert's efforts!!), but there is still a bit of debris on some and we'll need to do a bunch of drainage work this winter for sure. Weather was unbeatable.

EB

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, maybe if there was a U-Line from the top to the lot... Right down the ridge line. I'd get brake finger cramps so bad though....

Yeah, noticed that much of the clearing on KFT, Oly, Grannies/Goldilocks/etc was quick fixes. Especially the section on Kung Fu up a skidder track. That will get bad fast. The good news is re-building in there looks super easy.

A-Dog looks like it will need some winter work. But, that's typical as you know for "newer" trails.

All in all, waaaay better than all the doom and gloom I was hearing. Some freeze/thaw muck on the upper half of Naughty in the shade to deal with. But, not much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.