219 Posts
xc_burner said:
Just curious who's going this weekend?
XC or 4X?
Sport, Expert, Pro, etc?

Me:
XC, Sport
Hey Burner,
Assuming it doesn't get cancelled due to weather, I'll be there. Current weather report is Low 40's with 40% chance of snow. I imagine, the straight heading towards the mountian is going to be SUPER windy!

I'm Sport XC 30-34. This is my debut in Sport. I'm expecting to get walloped much the same that I do in Road Races. Should be fun :rolleyes:

What age bracket ru in?

·
Cynical Bystander
6,763 Posts
I'm thinking of heading out for the XC on Sunday. Been getting into that lately so might as well see if racing is fun. IF I end up going out it'll be Beginner. I'd go to the 4x but I have some volunteer thing that I've missed the past 2-3 weeks so I probably ought to go to that instead, plus I've heard rigid hardtails are illegal. :D

·
Cynical Bystander
6,763 Posts
Anybody from Colorado Springs going up on the Sunday (if it's still held) that I could possibly get a ride with? :) My mom's got plans, and I think my dad's gonna be coming back into town later that day, and as of now I'm 'not allowed to drive that far' on my own. :rolleyes: I could pitch in on gas, or buy lunch or give you money for beer or something. :p

·
Registered
599 Posts
Drive Time for Castle Rock?

COmtbiker12 said:
Anybody from Colorado Springs going up on the Sunday (if it's still held) that I could possibly get a ride with? :) My mom's got plans, and I think my dad's gonna be coming back into town later that day, and as of now I'm 'not allowed to drive that far' on my own. :rolleyes: I could pitch in on gas, or buy lunch or give you money for beer or something. :p
How long roughly to get there?

·
Cynical Bystander
6,763 Posts
PattD said:
How long roughly to get there?
It'd probably take me an hour and a half or so to get there. so I'd say for you about a halfhour more depending on how you go. You could always go up to 285 and hit it that way, not sure if that'd be faster or not.

·
Registered
294 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
It'd probably take me an hour and a half or so to get there. so I'd say for you about a halfhour more depending on how you go. You could always go up to 285 and hit it that way, not sure if that'd be faster or not.
285fizzle is faster if you're from denver/boulder

·
Cynical Bystander
6,763 Posts
dwj said:
i'm in for the mx race on saturday.

tony, i'd help you out with a ride but xc racing ruined my life.
It's all good Doug. Sorry I didnt' meet ya at those jumps yesterday, got held up at the post office for over an hour trying to send something to Canada. I'd do the mx but I have some volunteer thing that I'm 'committed' to, that I've sort of skipped the last 2-3 saturdays so I figure I should probably go.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am going for junior begginer or sport. I do not know yet. I am as fast as my friend who got second barely on his first race in nathrop in sport. he says I should do sport becuase I can easily do top 3. but I have never done an mx race I can just rail the local bmx track. So I want to do begginer but I do not want to look like a sandbagger. what do you think??????????

·
Registered
143 Posts
MX course was fun, not all as great as people made it out to be. parts of it kinda sucked like the bottom whoops.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i thought the course was excellent! the rollers at the end of the corse could have been smoother but they will get better after a couple of races. most courses are so bland that the pros are riding the same lines as the sport riders. this new course has jumps that not all the pros can clear.

my final was the most exciting race i've ever been involed in, we where banging shoulders coming out of the berm going into the rythm section. good stuff. then i got pinched at the line for third.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.