Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Fox make a special version of its RP3 shock that is high volume? Saw an ad in the classifieds for a new Santa Cruz Blur LT (ano orange) and the way the shock is described seems to indicate that somehow the shock is different from a stock RP3.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
SVSocrates said:
Does Fox make a special version of its RP3 shock that is high volume? Saw an ad in the classifieds for a new Santa Cruz Blur LT (ano orange) and the way the shock is described seems to indicate that somehow the shock is different from a stock RP3.
Yes, they make one with a higher volume canister for Santa Cruz. I put one on my Id and it works pretty good. Here's a pic:

Attachments

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Yes, they do...

SVSocrates said:
the RP3 for the Blur LT is actually a RP3 AVA in a set position. It is has a larger air chamber than the standard RP3. Fox also makes a large volume(air chamber)float that I have seen on a Nomad. You are quite observant youndg grasshopper ;)

When you coming up this way again? Did you sell the Ells?

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
Busta Rims said:
Do I have to buy one with the Blur LT attached, or can they be purchased separately??

Thanks,
Joe
I think it's OEM only...I bought a used one and had it PUSH'd. BTW, those are specifically valved for Santa Cruz VPP bikes. You'll need to get it revalved (PUSH'd) for any other application since it will be overdamped on non-vpp bikes.

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
scheckler said:
the RP3 for the Blur LT is actually a RP3 AVA in a set position. It is has a larger air chamber than the standard RP3. Fox also makes a large volume(air chamber)float that I have seen on a Nomad. You are quite observant youndg grasshopper ;)

When you coming up this way again? Did you sell the Ells?
Ells? Bite your tongue, young man! j/k Sold the Ventana to a guy in Korea. Am on the verge of ordering a new HH125, but am having trouble connecting with Charles at Hammerhead in Texas.

Am riding a friend's Giant NRS right now. It's slightly big for me and it has a front fork on it that is too long for its geometry -- not exactly confidence inspiring, if you know what I mean -- so it'll be a bit (some time in January, I hope) before I'm ready to rage at UCSC again.

Things good with you?

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SCUBAPRO said:
I think it's OEM only...I bought a used one and had it PUSH'd. BTW, those are specifically valved for Santa Cruz VPP bikes. You'll need to get it revalved (PUSH'd) for any other application since it will be overdamped on non-vpp bikes.
Did PUSH seem to think that the high volume, PUSHED RP3 would have any advantage over a standard PUSHED RP3 on applications other than a VPP, i.e. more plush, more linear, etc.?

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
My humblist apologies...

SVSocrates said:
Ells? Bite your tongue, young man! j/k Sold the Ventana to a guy in Korea. Am on the verge of ordering a new HH125, but am having trouble connecting with Charles at Hammerhead in Texas.

Am riding a friend's Giant NRS right now. It's slightly big for me and it has a front fork on it that is too long for its geometry -- not exactly confidence inspiring, if you know what I mean -- so it'll be a bit (some time in January, I hope) before I'm ready to rage at UCSC again.

Things good with you?
why was I thinking Ellsworth? I was picturing the Ventana but Ells came out of my fingers. At least you are still riding and that is good. Hammerheads are good bikes, I am sure you will be happy.

Things are good, thanks for asking. Going on a ride tonight.... I really like riding at night, you should try it. Stay in touch and I want to see your new machine once it is ready to ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.