Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to change the propedal valving which was set at the factory? i can't really seem to notice a difference between the 3 propedal modes on my frame... it's extremely subtle. A friend has the new RP 23. His has exhibits a clearly solid platform when on the "3" setting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Goliath_2 said:
Is there a way to change the propedal valving which was set at the factory? i can't really seem to notice a difference between the 3 propedal modes on my frame... it's extremely subtle. A friend has the new RP 23. His has exhibits a clearly solid platform when on the "3" setting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The valving can be changed. Fox ships 3 basic versions of the RP3 (light, medium, firm). This is not to be confused with the 3 user-adjustable settings. One issue with the Fox valving is that it doesn't only affect the propedal. I believe I was told that it would also affect the rebound and compression.

I was offered this service when I complained about the rebound being too quick and not very adjustable. I only wanted the rebound changed, but was told that everything elsewould also be affected.

What is your factory valving set at? This should be marked on the RP3 body.

Push can custom valve it for you if you want something special.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I notice no difference between the 3 settings

flipping the little switch back and forth. I've had some air leak issues too so maybe I need a servicing? Where do I check the "setting" on the shock itself sent from the factory?

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
jimmy said:
flipping the little switch back and forth. I've had some air leak issues too so maybe I need a servicing? Where do I check the "setting" on the shock itself sent from the factory?
It's in the 2006 Manual, as follows:

"The setting of your FLOAT RP3/FLOAT R is listed on the band at the bottom of the air sleeve and is denoted by an icon, as shown on
the left. LIGHT is represented by the smallest bar. MEDIUM is represented by the middle bar. FIRM is represented by the largest
bar. The bar that is applicable to your tune will be highlighted and flanked on top and bottom with indicator arrows."

·
mtbr member
167 Posts
Pushed RP3

I had exactly the same issue with my RP3 - it was essentially an RP1 with a couple of cool looking adjusters that were not actually connected to anything as far as I could tell. No difference whatsoever in platform or rebound settings. Seems the Marketing department at Fox got a little ahead of the Engineering department. :nono:
Soooo, rather than back to Fox for 'repair' (-?) I sent mine to PUSH. Full service custom valving. Now it runs noticeably smoother with better low-end movement and still no bottoming. The rebound adjust is barely apparent and the platform is apparently still not connected as it makes no difference whatsoever. The RP3 is just a fancy looking (and expensive) Float R.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.