Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning up my bike today and decided to check my shock pressures. It's been about 6 or 8 weeks since I last checked them. My Talas front fork had 70 lbs in it, which was pretty much exactly what I had it pumped up to. My rp3 had 100 lbs in her today though, and when I last pumped it up I had 130 lbs in it. I'm just curious if it is normal or not to lose 30 lbs of air over the course of maybe a month and a half or so. I'm figuring it probably is, but I just wanted to hear from you guys who own rp3's and see if you experience this also. Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I never lose any air in my RP3. When I do, I'll probably have it serviced, or service it myself.

I do however lose air in my Marzocchi Bomber fork and I plan on servicing that myself soon. I bought new seals but maybe I'll first try to service it without changing seals. If that doesn't work I'll do the seal change which is a bit more involved.

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
Are you guys accounting for the loss of air that happens when you put the pump on the shock? Not air escapping but air the takes up the length of the hose. This will skew your results a ton.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nagaredama said:
Are you guys accounting for the loss of air that happens when you put the pump on the shock? Not air escapping but air the takes up the length of the hose. This will skew your results a ton.
Yes, I usually lose about 5 pounds of pressure if I fill the shock, take off the pump and immediately put it back on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
C24C said:
Perform an "air-sleeve maintenance" as described in your owner's manual and at the Fox website.
I just read the "air-sleeve maintenance" from the manual. It says to inspect the bearings and seals and replace if worn. Not sure where I can get these or how difficult it is to replace them or if special tools are needed. The rest of the procedure looks fairly easy though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.