Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking ahead here and wondering which would be the better shock for my Trance. I would like to upgrade to a "setable" shock and these two are what I've come up with as options and that are very similar is design/implementation. OR would it be better to get my FloatR pushed by Push Industries? Looking at the buying new option in about 6 months to 1 year from when I got my bike - so 3 to 9 months.

·
MTBR Mafia
1,553 Posts
definately the rp3 if you have the cash. thats what i am saving up for and it sounds really nice. you could also get your old onepushed. Im sure that would be pretty nice too.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Get the Float pushed..

LyNx said:
I'm thinking ahead here and wondering which would be the better shock for my Trance. I would like to upgrade to a "setable" shock and these two are what I've come up with as options and that are very similar is design/implementation. OR would it be better to get my FloatR pushed by Push Industries? Looking at the buying new option in about 6 months to 1 year from when I got my bike - so 3 to 9 months.
Push will tune the shock to your weight, application and riding style. i dont think you can go wrong...

·
Registered
616 Posts
I don't think tehre is aneough info on the MC3 yet to make a decision. The RP# is proven...I run one on my Tracer. The MC3 looks to have potential as well, especillay since it is compnaitble with the Poploc handlebar switch. But other than a couple Fuel EX owners and the bike mags...no one is riding it yet.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[]D[][]v[][]D said:
I don't think tehre is aneough info on the MC3 yet to make a decision. The RP# is proven...I run one on my Tracer. The MC3 looks to have potential as well, especillay since it is compnaitble with the Poploc handlebar switch. But other than a couple Fuel EX owners and the bike mags...no one is riding it yet.
I know that only TREK has license for them for '05, but I like them when I was looking at the Fuel EX line-up and when I read about the '06 versions (which will be publically available) and the fact that RS will be adding something similar to the RP3's 3 point setting I was quite interested. I guess I either have to wait and see or get the RP3 or the FloatR PUSHED. Have another frame the FloatR would work on so that's why I was looking at the RP3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.