Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In reading the manual for an RP3, it looks like there is a need for Air Sleeve Maintainance and Fluid Service. There are instructions for the Air Sleeve Maintainance and they look straightforward. For Fluid Service, it says to use an Authorized Service Center.

Does anyone do this themselves? Or do you all send it someplace like Push or Fox.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crisillo said:
The Air Sleeve service is no biggie... I 'm not sure what is meant as "Fluid Service".. I have only sent a shock in for rebuild and nitrogen recharge...
I'm guessing to change the oil, like you do on a fork. Didn't know there was Nitrogen in there too.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
BraveHeart said:
I'm guessing to change the oil, like you do on a fork. Didn't know there was Nitrogen in there too.
There is no "oil to change" (by the end user, I think)... the oil pouch you get with the seal kit is only for the lubrication of the chamber and eventually goes out with use...therefore a relube is needed...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.