Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Litespeed Niota with an RP3 with bigger air sleeve, it was a great upgrade, making the bike much plusher.

Now Im trying (and might buy) a Cannondale Rush Carbon 1, it has the RP23 .
And I like it a lot.
Will the bigger airsleeve make it even better?
I dont want to loose the climbing ability of this shock
Has anyone tried it on a RP23?

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
motoadve said:
I have a Litespeed Niota with an RP3 with bigger air sleeve, it was a great upgrade, making the bike much plusher.

Now Im trying (and might buy) a Cannondale Rush Carbon 1, it has the RP23 .
And I like it a lot.
Will the bigger airsleeve make it even better?
I dont want to loose the climbing ability of this shock
Has anyone tried it on a RP23?
It depends on the rider weight and use of the bike.

Using the stock RP air sleeve, if you never can get the last 20% of travel or so with your preferred sag level, then the larger sleeve will ramp up in spring resistance deeper in travel and provide a more usable travel and a more plush ride. But with a larger volume air sleeve you might bottom out easier when used for more extreme jumps and drops without adding more air pressure and raising sag more than you want.

You just have to find out by riding the bike yourself. One rider's preference is not always the same for another rider.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
The Great Stonk said:
where can you get air sleeves seperatly ?

ive thought about this for my own rp3, since i generally dont get all my travel when set to the right sag.
I'm pretty sure Fox sells the larger DHX sleave separately which fits the RP shocks. (foxracingshox.com look for a bicyle customer support or contact phone number.)

·
melon farmer
567 Posts
akazan said:
Do it your own...will it be easy to install the air sleeve w/o the help of my LBS? Thanks
Pulling the air sleeve off is very easy to do. Putting a new one back on can be a little tricky as you often need to compress the shock in order to re-thread the air sleeve. An older fox manual I has suggested re-mounting the shock in the frame once the sleeve has been installed in order to compress it enough to enagage the threads. This worked for me.

So yeah, you can do it on your own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.