Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my ride yesterday I noticed that my fox float rp23 had started to leak oil. I've done the air sleeve service on this type of shock many times to fix shocks that wouldn't hold air pressure but, I've never seen one leak oil. My first guess is that the damper has blown up. The oil has to come from somewhere and I know there's not much in the air sleeve.
If this is the case, do I have to send it off to Fox or Push, or can I rebuild the damper myself?
If it does have to go in for service, anyone have any experience with time frames and cost.
Of course this happened at the start of month long riding trip.

·
And I'm out.
506 Posts
What color is the oil? Green or Blue?? If it's blue then it's just the Float fluid; most likely it has migrated to the negative chamber and is weeping out of the air can seals, yes? That MIGHT mean that it just needs an air can rebuild kit (cheap repair!).... if the oil is green then that would mean that you have an actual hydraulic leak from within the sealed chamber.... that's not so good, but rebuilds are quite easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.