Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have removed the entire propedal lever assembly to clean it out and can't seem to get it back together! the problem i'm having is the rebound adjuster part is presure loaded and i'm unable to seat the red adjuster back in properly because it pushes against the adjustment shaft. i can push it back with a small screwdriver but it wont stay there while i push the adjuster back in place... If anyone who has done this successfully could let me know how they did it would be greatly appreciated?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Yikes!

Unfortunately, the nitrogen gas pressure inside the shock has forced the metering rod up into the eyelet of the shock preventing you from being able to reinstall the adjuster mechanism. If you try to move the metering rod out of the way you will damage the sealing surface and require it to be replaced. The bad news is we see this to frequently PUSH.

At this point, the shock will have to be completely disassembled, a new metering rod seal installed and then reassembled.

Darren

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.