Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there have the Roval EL and the Roval SL wheels and if so is there and difference in the hub design, other than the carbon hub shell on the SL.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have the EL wheels. I believe they are basically the same hubs at the SL except for the carbon that you mentioned. Both rear hubs use the same DT Swiss internals. Both front hubs have the option of running the OS28 end caps with Rock Shox forks.

So far I'm very happy with the EL's. I've had them for about six months, and I haven't had to true them very often and haven't had a spoke break

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks eness215, I have 2 sets of the Els and I'm also very happy with them, I'm glad yours are working out for you. The reason I ask is that the ELs can run a 20 mm Maxel as well as 15 mm thru and 9 mm QR so if the hub on the SLs is the same as the ELs then the SLs should have the same ability to run a 20 mm Maxel as the ELs even though the 20 mm option isn't listed as a choice in the SL specs. Anyway if anyone out there knows it would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.