Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knows are these wheels reliable for heavy riders,110kg+? Which rims are they using? I've heard that rear hub is DT Swiss 240.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone knows are these wheels reliable for heavy riders,110kg+? Which rims are they using? I've heard that rear hub is DT Swiss 240.

Thanks
I'm a few kg's under you in terms of weight and was referred to Dave's Wheels for a custom build. I see the Traverse AL is now 450 through Spec. which is nice price wise for sure but I'm not sure how diesel a setup that will be. Dave can build you a bomber custom set for a few hundred more on Stans Arch/Flow & White hubs.

·
Az HS Cycling League
325 Posts
I have them...

They came on my Enduro EVO. They have been good so far. I weigh 100kg roughly. I have had them in the bike park and on long trail rides and haven't had any issues. Seem reasonably stiff but I don't ride on the extreme edge either. The have taken drops and rocky trails well. They have been solid setup tubeless as well.

I don't believe they have the 240 rear internals. I think that is the Traverse EL model. I am not a fan of the engagement on these though. I am going to switch to King hubs for that reason. Not bad but not great overall.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I took delivery of my 2011 Enduro Expert, the Roval information clearly stated the weight limit is 250lbs (or 113 kgs) and strongly suggested against riding them if you are over that weight (like I am).

My LBS switched me to Mavic ex729's and they have been bomb proof.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ppl! :D

I was thinking about Mavic XM 719,sapim force spokes 2.2/1.8/2.0 and Hope pro 2 evo hubs...

Any thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts