Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Zachariah said:
I have been eyeing these for my AM rig:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130360587442&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Are they what the seller claims?
Those are just like mine , ( they should have the spacers for QR, 20 and 25mm ft hubs), I have these on two enduros and have really beat the hell out of them , ------I cought a rock in my rear bombing DH and riped out 3 spokes and road it home and replaced spokes ( I keep spokes on hand because I am a moron )and nipples --re-trued and repaired dents and am still running them .

I really thought these wheels would not live a month where we ride , but I was wrong.
The only thing I do not like is the 12 degree enguagment on the freewheel hub, ------I hate all that dead space and it makes tech hack more difficult , but other than that they are fine .

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm about 240lbs geared up and mine are doing just fine as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good wheels, I have liked. Front wheel might feel slightly flexy with very stiff fork like E150, but not bad.

kelstr said:
The only thing I do not like is the 12 degree enguagment on the freewheel hub, ------I hate all that dead space and it makes tech hack more difficult , but other than that they are fine .
It is possible to change DTSwiss 36 point star ratchet to rear hub, it is basicly a DT240.

It's also possible to replace stock end caps with DT 12mm thru bolt set.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have these rims and they have held up great the whole time I've had them. Still spins true with no adjusting after 2 years of use.

T

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Pushead said:
Good wheels, I have liked. Front wheel might feel slightly flexy with very stiff fork like E150, but not bad.

It is possible to change DTSwiss 36 point star ratchet to rear hub, it is basicly a DT240.

It's also possible to replace stock end caps with DT 12mm thru bolt set.
You are right , and I had one of the DT 240 hubs stashed that had the quick engage ratchet and I can't find what I did with it :madman:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts